Phillips 4
    Votto 3
    Rolen 5
    Gomes 7
    Bruce 9
    Renteria 6
    Hanigan 2
    Wood 1

And because we all know it's coming.....Renteria is 4-8 lifetime against Marcum. That's probably why it's him over Janish.
    Last edited by Who Dey Time; 04-02-2011 at 03:03 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 4/2 Brewers at Reds

I'll be at the game tonight, can't wait.

I'm a little surprised Hanigan is starting over Hernandez given the day off yesterday, Hernandez's big game, and Hanigan will likely start tomorrow with Arroyo. No complaints here though, it's nice to have such a dynamic catching duo.

I'm fine with Renteria starting over Janish, given his career numbers against Marcum.

Seems odd that Gomes is batting 5th and Bruce 6th against a right handed pitcher in Shawn Marcum.

Ill be at the game too. Im also perplexed at Gomes batting 5th and Bruce 6th.

-Matt

I'm a little surprised Rolen is starting, as I doubt he'll play a day game after a night game. And tomorrow lefty Wolf is going, meaning Fransico will be absolutly useless tomorrow if he gets the start. If Rolen was going to get a day off in the series this should have been the game. Maybe with the off day yesterday and Monday Rolen will start tomorrow too.

But, if Rolen is off tomorrow there is no excuse for that.

I'll be down there as well. Hopefully we win another one and win the first series of the year.

Is Hanigan still Arroyo's personal catcher?

Dusty will not sit Razor for two games after the way he started right?

Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post
    I'm a little surprised Rolen is starting, as I doubt he'll play a day game after a night game. And tomorrow lefty Wolf is going, meaning Fransico will be absolutly useless tomorrow if he gets the start. If Rolen was going to get a day off in the series this should have been the game. Maybe with the off day yesterday and Monday Rolen will start tomorrow too.

But, if Rolen is off tomorrow there is no excuse for that.
    Monday being an off day might allow for Rolen to play tomorrow. Or you might see Renteria at SS and Janish at 3B tomorrow to account for the lefty going.

Since Renteria has had success against Marcum, the lineup should go Phillips/Renteria and drop Stubbs to the 7-spot, IMO. Would you rather have Renteria getting on in front of Votto and Rolen. Or Hanigan and the pitcher's spot?

Here is the Brewers lineup:

Weeks 2b
    Gomes cf
    Braun lf
    Fielder 1b
    McGehee 3b
    Almonte rf
    Betancourt ss
    Nieves c
    Marcum p
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

From Fay's Blog:

" The Reds are expecting a big crowd tonight — in the upper 30,000s. The game was part of packages for Reds Un-Cut and Redsfest. People are lineup about 100 deep at the three main entrances.

It’s being promoted as “Opening Night.” Tickets sold is the number announced. There’s a chance some who bought tickets won’t show because Kentucky is playing in the Final Four tonight.

There are still tickets available. "

Time Warner not showing Reds Live in HD (ch 1309)?, I hope they show the game

Well, the Reds pregame show is not on HD thus far. If the game is not on HD, I will have to email a nasty gram to FSO tonight. I had a person I was emailing last year because not all games were in HD. (Time Warner Cable - east of central Ohio) :thumbdown

Anybody getting the game in HD?

Is it a Time Warner issue or a FSO issue?

1,2,3 half for Wood

Turn Off Ads?