Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: How i screwed everything up.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Re: How i screwed everything up.

Sorry to hear you're going through this, TRF. A couple of relatives of mine who are both around my age went through divorces... one went to a therapist and the other one kept mostly to herself. A couple years out from the divorces, the one who went to therapy is much happier and in a much better place than the other. Your mileage may vary, but IMO the therapy had a lot to do with the difference between my relatives. I hope you'll stick with it.

Sounds like you could use a change of pace to give you something to look forward to. Try making a point to do something different every day that takes you away from your usual haunts and doesn't remind you of your situation. Doesn't have to be a big change or a radical one. Take a walk in a park you've never been to before. Go to the next town over and eat at a restaurant you've never been to.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    I'm finally trying, because the alternative... is not to be here anymore.
    TRF, you talk about your actions making those around you miserable. I know you're hurting, but just think what this particular action would do to your wife and kids.

I hope you find a way to heal, and I agree with those who say that therapy is a good idea. There's something about saying things out loud that makes them less scary and takes some of the gravity away. It also helps to remind yourself that you're not the only one who's ever suffered in this way. In addition, though I'm not one who believes a pill is the answer to everything, it's possible that an antidepressant combined with therapy could do you a world of good.

Good luck with everything; I'm pulling for you.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

its over. its actually over. i cant handle this, i dont want it.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

its over. its actually over. i cant handle this, i dont want it.
    Hey, hey, hey TRF! I hope you aren't going down that dark path bro, please respond to this.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Anyone have any contact info for TRF? His last post and blog entry worry me. Anyone heard anything?
    2013 Record at games attended: 0-1

Agreed. If anyone knows TRF personally, now would be a good time to reach out and see how he's doing.

i need help. she's filing and i can't breathe. i don't want to live anymore. i don't know what to do.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

i need help. she's filing and i can't breathe. i don't want to live anymore. i don't know what to do.
    I hope this doesn't come off wrong but would you have the means to voluntarily commit yourself to psych hospital where you wouldn't be alone and give you direct access to help?
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

No one can predict the future so its impossible to say what will happen with your relationship between you and your wife ultimately. At this point you probably don't have a lot of power regarding some of those decisions.

That said... you still have a TON of power over most everything in your life. You can change your life starting the second you finish reading this. You make decisions. You can act, be, become any kind of man you want to be.

You CAN do it.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Echoing what everyone else is saying. TRF, try to slow down as much as you can. Please just try to get through one more day, and keep breathing. Know that you'll be able to find happiness again, even if you can't see that now.

We're all thinking about you and sending whatever good thoughts we can.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

call you theropist right now. That's what he or she is there for.

You're not drowning, TRF. It's just life. We all have to go through stuff like this. You ARE strong enough, and you've got friends and family who love you and WANT to support you. Let them.

And call your therapist immediately.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Try to think of your 12 year old daughter and your son right now TRF. Put your focus there. And definitely call your therapist now!
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Try to think of your 12 year old daughter and your son right now TRF. Put your focus there. And definitely call your therapist now!
    What he said.

You really want them to go through the heartache of losing their father when they are so young? Get help now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

TRF get yourself help. Don't think like that. Your kids, ALL OF YOUR KIDS, need you. You can have another wife, girlfriend, relationship, they can only have one DAD. This is the most important thing I can say to you. I have seen families go through divorce and eventually suicide, the kids always suffer, no matter what their age. Be strong and be there for them. They WILL need you.
    Last edited by LoganBuck; 04-08-2011 at 12:55 PM.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Turn Off Ads?