Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 208

Thread: How i screwed everything up.

  1. #61
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    13,453

    Re: How i screwed everything up.

    TRF, things will get better for you and we want to see you get the help you need to make that happen.

    We also want to see you here discussing the Reds with us. Even in the worst Reds' seasons, there were wins and moments to enjoy. Focus on the good things that are in your life now and that will help you look forward to the better things in the months and years to come.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #62
    Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    4,139

    Re: How i screwed everything up.

    Hang in there TRF, sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.

    Reach out to those that can help you. We all require help as we navigate life, but to get it you have to be willing to accept it. Ask, and accept.

    GL

  4. #63
    Vavasor TRF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Amarillo, TX
    Posts
    13,665

    Re: How i screwed everything up.

    i'm ok. couldn't deal last night and this morning. i can't seem to let go. I'm aching and i can't stop thinking about it, wishing i said one word that one time. a lot of one times.

    thank you for your concern, i mean it.
    Suck it up cupcake.

  5. #64
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,182

    Re: How i screwed everything up.

    Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    i'm ok. couldn't deal last night and this morning. i can't seem to let go. I'm aching and i can't stop thinking about it, wishing i said one word that one time. a lot of one times.

    thank you for your concern, i mean it.
    One of the most important things I ever heard was told to me by a roommate I thought couldn't stand me at the time (I was wrong)...

    Why dwell in the past? You cannot change the past, but you can learn from your mistakes and make tomorrow that much better.

    It got me looking toward the future and really got me out of the haze I had sunk into. I hope it helps you as much as it did me.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

    Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"


  6. #65
    Oy Vey! Red in Chicago's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    3,426

    Re: How i screwed everything up.

    In the words of Don Corleone, "you can act like a man"

  7. #66
    Vavasor TRF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Amarillo, TX
    Posts
    13,665

    Re: How i screwed everything up.

    no more begging, pleading or wallowing.

    time to fight.
    Suck it up cupcake.

  8. #67
    Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,171

    Re: How i screwed everything up.

    Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    no more begging, pleading or wallowing.

    time to fight.
    Fight for or fight against?
    2013 Record at games attended: 0-1

  9. #68
    Member SandyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Kenner , LA
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: How i screwed everything up.

    TRF, you're likely to be on something of an emotional roller coaster for a while. You need help, and seem to be reaching out for it.

    1. If you feel like you can't take anymore, call your therapist. Immediately.
    2. Have a buddy you trust on standby who will let you vent (verbally) when you need to.
    3. Add short term, positive things to your life.
    Volunteer at your daughter's school.
    Volunteer at a local community event
    Take a friend on a nature hike, canoeing, fishing
    Things that will get you away from your situation for a few hours.
    4. Does you community college have a baseball team? Try to catch a game once a week. Keep score. Teach your daughter to keep score, if she's interested.
    5. Check the course listings for summer session. Any classes look interesting to you? Sign up. Audit if you don't want the stress of tests and papers and such. Personally, I think the arts, humanities and pure science are the best options. Maybe a foreign language or PE. You could take up fencing, rowing, or another sport you've never tried, if they're offered.
    6. Catch the local or nearby outdoor music festivals. Even if it's not your favorite kind of music.

    Longer term? Plant a garden. Take a class or two. Join a book club. Learn to play a musical instrument. Take up a new sport or physical activity. Preferably one you do with others.

    None of these activities will solve your problems, but you don't have to do that all at once. Like you said, one day at a time. I'm only trying to offer ideas that will help you to keep looking forward rather than back ... controlling the things you can control.

    Take care. And remember rule #1.

  10. #69
    Vavasor TRF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Amarillo, TX
    Posts
    13,665

    Re: How i screwed everything up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Fight for or fight against?
    For.

    myself, my kids, my wife, my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyD View Post
    TRF, you're likely to be on something of an emotional roller coaster for a while. You need help, and seem to be reaching out for it.

    1. If you feel like you can't take anymore, call your therapist. Immediately.
    2. Have a buddy you trust on standby who will let you vent (verbally) when you need to.
    3. Add short term, positive things to your life.
    Volunteer at your daughter's school.
    Volunteer at a local community event
    Take a friend on a nature hike, canoeing, fishing
    Things that will get you away from your situation for a few hours.
    4. Does you community college have a baseball team? Try to catch a game once a week. Keep score. Teach your daughter to keep score, if she's interested.
    5. Check the course listings for summer session. Any classes look interesting to you? Sign up. Audit if you don't want the stress of tests and papers and such. Personally, I think the arts, humanities and pure science are the best options. Maybe a foreign language or PE. You could take up fencing, rowing, or another sport you've never tried, if they're offered.
    6. Catch the local or nearby outdoor music festivals. Even if it's not your favorite kind of music.

    Longer term? Plant a garden. Take a class or two. Join a book club. Learn to play a musical instrument. Take up a new sport or physical activity. Preferably one you do with others.

    None of these activities will solve your problems, but you don't have to do that all at once. Like you said, one day at a time. I'm only trying to offer ideas that will help you to keep looking forward rather than back ... controlling the things you can control.

    Take care. And remember rule #1.
    I actually work at my community college. taught continuing ed classes for a while, but never took any. I may try that.
    Suck it up cupcake.

  11. #70
    Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,171

    Re: How i screwed everything up.

    Love it, TRF! Praying for you buddy.
    2013 Record at games attended: 0-1

  12. #71
    Member Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,326

    Re: How i screwed everything up.

    Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    For.

    myself, my kids, my wife, my life.


    .
    First time I've read anything in this thread and smiled.

  13. #72
    BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Springfield, Ohio
    Posts
    9,052

    Re: How i screwed everything up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    First time I've read anything in this thread and smiled.
    Damn right!
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

    --Woody Hayes

  14. #73
    Maple SERP savafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    17,568

    Re: How i screwed everything up.

    TRF,

    I'm going through almost the exact same thing right now. Maybe we can help each other. I really don't have anybody else.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

  15. #74
    Vavasor TRF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Amarillo, TX
    Posts
    13,665

    Re: How i screwed everything up.

    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    TRF,

    I'm going through almost the exact same thing right now. Maybe we can help each other. I really don't have anybody else.
    sava, pm me anytime i'll give you my email addy.

    so, an update. we spoke.

    ok we texted.

    i'm almost positive she has been with this other guy. what surprises me is that it doesn't matter. i was trying to destroy our marriage, mostly out of life long guilt. she is looking to fill a void in her heart. In a weird way i am glad he was there for her.

    so, we texted last night. just casually. when it turned somewhat serious, she balked, but stood her ground that it is over. but she let me text. and she answered. I don't think it is so clear for her right now. I think she has hope that i am changing.

    Here is the kicker.. i'm not doing it for her, i'm doing it for me. to no longer be sedentary. I hope she sees it, believes in it, but ultimately my happiness has to come first, with or without her.

    I'm really buying into the idea of unconditional love. It may be why i am not so bothered by her relationship with his guy. I WANT her to be happy. I'd prefer it were with me, but in the end that choice is hers, not mine.

    But though i was restless, and couldn't sleep, it was not from worry, but from something so foreign to me, i can't put it into words. I just feel like smiling.

    I realized how much i'd be missing if i were gone. And I know in my heart how much better i will be to my kids now. In fact, I had the longest conversation with my oldest yesterday in years. no lecture, no disproving tone. just talk. she even invited me to dinner.

    my marriage may still be over. I hope it isn't, but i accept the likelihood. My happiness however is in my hands.

    and well, i have hope.
    Suck it up cupcake.

  16. #75
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    132

    Re: How i screwed everything up.

    Hey TRF, great to read your latest post. You are a really lucky guy. The way you are able to look at your own situation and find perspective is really a talent and you should feel very proud that you are able to do that. We can all lose it, especially when we're experiencing a trial, but that is where your strength will come from, your ability to find perspective. When you get through this you are going to see how strong you truly are and you're going to be equipped and ready to enjoy the good things that are still in store and also you'll know from experience that you can weather anything and come out standing & still rich with the love and support of your kids and your extended family (and us!). One day at a time, enjoy the good days a little more. :-)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25