Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Giants fan attacked on opening day

Giants fan attacked on opening day

Hadnt seen this posted anywhere. Sad story.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=6280485
    During my 18 years I came to bat almost 10,000 times. I struck out about 1,700 times and walked maybe 1,800 times. You figure a ballplayer will average about 500 at bats a season. That means I played seven years without ever hitting the ball. ~Mickey Mantle, 1970

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Giants fan attacked on opening day

It appears that Dodger fans are only slightly more evolved than are Raiders fans.

I attended a game there in Reds gear and was razzed pretty hard out in right field. Not so sure I'd go back again in 'foriegn' colors

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

A San Francisco Giants fan who was beaten and badly injured at Dodger Stadium showed “evidence of brain injury and dysfunction” and remained hospitalized in critical but guarded condition, doctors said Tuesday.

Dr. Gabriel Zada, a Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center neurosurgeon, indicated that Bryan Stow, 42, of Santa Cruz, likely suffered brain damage – that could affect memory, thinking ability and even personality – as a result of a severe skull fracture and bad bruising to his frontal lobe.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseb...-dodgers_N.htm

"There is some concern that the gang element Los Angeles is notorious for may be among that fan base," he says, noting his group will analyze which sections of the stadium are statistically the sites of the most trouble. "We're going to treat this like policing, looking for hot spots."

Looks like they have 2 men in custody for the crime.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...MN7B1KDU5G.DTL
    During my 18 years I came to bat almost 10,000 times. I struck out about 1,700 times and walked maybe 1,800 times. You figure a ballplayer will average about 500 at bats a season. That means I played seven years without ever hitting the ball. ~Mickey Mantle, 1970

Turn Off Ads?