Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Masters Week

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Masters Week

"....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Re: Masters Week

I'm not going to lie, I love the Masters and everything about it. I can't wait to watch it. I have an old roommate in the field, D.A. Points, too which will be fun to watch. Plus, I know a few pros heading down who will hopefully share some cool pics.

As far as predictions. Phil, obviously, is going to be tough. I was picking Watney months ago, but I think he peaked too early by winning a couple weeks ago and then took 2 weeks off. My non-sleeper sleeper pick is Kuchar. No one has mentioned his name this week, yet, but I could see him winning. Overall, the tournament is wide open this year with a ton of guys having a legitimate chance at winning. Is it Thursday yet?
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Caught the end of the ESPN Doc about the '86 Masters this afternoon. I'm not sure if it was new but I'd never seen it. Nicklaus' son narrated it and they had a lot of interviews with Nicklaus, Norman even Tiger. It was pretty good from what I saw.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I like the Masters but its probably my 3rd favorite major. Its a toss up between the Opens as my favorites. I like the "open" nature of the US Open and have played a few of the courses. I also enjoy the British Open because I have played several courses over there, the weather challenges, and the tournament is over by mid afternoon and I can get a round in afterwards.

Watching on masters.com from work. It really looks incredible. They have made great strides in video quality.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

There's even an Android app for the Masters.

Looks like Rory might be running away with this thing. Once that guy wins one, I have a feeling the flood gates are going to open.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I like watching him play. Missed opportunity there on 13, but what an approach shot after a monster drive. And speaking of which, isn't it time to quit marveling at the length these guys put up? He's averaging 306 this week, I think they said.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

So that Tiger guy...he's not bad

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    So that Tiger guy...he's not bad
    8 birdies in 15 holes. 6 in the last 8. Three holes to go. Welcome back, Eldrick.

How about this threesome for the first two rounds:

McIlroy -10
    Day -8
    Fowler -5

Phil Mickelson spinning his golfing wheels at -2.

Tiger with a 66 today. Game on.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

I really really hope that Tiger and Rory can duke it out on Sunday. That would be great.

And to think Tiger missed a 6 footer on 16. He could be in the final group.

I still don't think he's ready yet. My guess is he's going to have one of those up and down days tomorrow where he looks like he's going on a run and the misses a 100 yard wedge shot and a few easy putts. I bet he winds up about even or +1 tomorrow and isn't a serious contender on Sunday.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Turn Off Ads?