Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Masters Week

Re: Masters Week

I think 13 or 14 under might win on Sunday if they let the course play fast, which I assume they will. If it gets into a grind I love Tiger's chances but if they're going low McIlroy might win it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Tiger.

He may not be ready, but he will be.

All those detractors are going to see him rise from the ashes.

I think this may be his return. Maybe not, I can easily see how many think he will fold.

I have absolutely no doubt that he'll be number one again.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    Tiger.

He may not be ready, but he will be.

All those detractors are going to see him rise from the ashes.

I think this may be his return. Maybe not, I can easily see how many think he will fold.

I have absolutely no doubt that he'll be number one again.
    I'm not a detractor. I just think we will never see the Tiger of old again. I don't think he will fold...I just don't think he will play good enough to win this tournament. He is in a race against the clock/his body/younger players.

Tiger is striking the ball very well so far today just can't get a putt to fall.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Tiger is striking the ball very well so far today just can't get a putt to fall.
    Tiger's putting is abysmal. He looks so uncomfortable. This new putter just isn't for him. I'm convinced of it. I'm not sure if he is though. He really needs to go back to old faithful. That putter worked great for what, 15 years? Why change?

Pretty calm day at Augusta. Usually Saturday, moving day, is the most exciting day. Not this year. But, that could bode real well for tomorrow.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Tiger's putting is abysmal. He looks so uncomfortable. This new putter just isn't for him. I'm convinced of it. I'm not sure if he is though. He really needs to go back to old faithful. That putter worked great for what, 15 years? Why change?

Pretty calm day at Augusta. Usually Saturday, moving day, is the most exciting day. Not this year. But, that could bode real well for tomorrow.
    I'm admittedly playing with the numbers, but only 9 guys had a worse round than Tiger today.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I'm admittedly playing with the numbers, but only 9 guys had a worse round than Tiger today.
    Tiger scored as high as he possibly could've yesterday. He got nothing out of his round, where as Saturday, he got the most out of it. That's golf. He hit the ball very similar both days, but his score was 8 shots apart. It's amazing what momentum can do to a round of golf.

He'll score a little better today, but it won't make a difference in the outcome. I just hope it's close on the back 9. McIlroy could potentially make the back 9 a sleeper if he plays well.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

McIlroy's putt at 17 was a very Tiger-esque moment. This kid is probably the only person since Tiger whose junior golfing career could measure up to Tiger's. It's not entirely unreasonable to think he could come close to matching Tiger's dominance over the next 10 years. He's that good, and it's not like this is a surprise. This was a matter of time for him. I think he winds up winning double digit majors when all is said and done.

He's a great kid, too. He played so solid with that lead yesterday. Even when he made a couple of bogeys, he wasn't phased. He's not doing anything wrong right now. The only downside is what Redhook alluded to. He could make this a boring Sunday at the Masters, and Sunday at Augusta is my favorite golf day of the year.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

What an eagle for Schwartzel.

The game is on... come on el Tigre!!!

Tiger with an eagle is 5 under today and just one stroke back.

Amazing Masters no matter if Tiger or Rory wins.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Nantz chiming in with the suggestion Tiger could shoot a 62. Calm it down Jim.

Impressive front 9 Mr. Woods.

Tied for first as Rory gives another one back.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

My money is on Tiger for sure.... Less than hour ago, Tiger was 25-1 to win the Masters at many places. If he wins, this is going to slam bookmakers.

Ready to cash in my $50 ticket....

Turn Off Ads?