Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Masters Week

Re: Masters Week

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Won't find out this year.

Congrats to Charl. Great Masters.
    That was quite a fluid leaderboard today. That eagle/shot on the front nine won it for him pretty much.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Worst round of the day: Rory McIlroy.

I would have lost a lot of money on that bet.

Holy smokes was that an awesome Masters. I got my wish, although I'm surprised it happened the way it did. One of the best ever. With just a few holes left, 7 guys were were within 1 shot of the lead. We may never see that many with a shot to win with so few holes left. That was crazy.

Congrats to Charl for performing his best when the pressure was at it's highest. Well done.

BTW, I still can't believe Tiger missed those short putts on the Back 9. He never does that in a major, let alone the last 9 tied for the lead.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

www.kylevoska.com - Golfer? Check out my blog for golf tips.

Tee to green Tiger was pretty much awesome all week. That's the best he's looked in years. I was skeptical as to if we'd see the real Tiger again, but after this week I'm convinced we will and very soon. He'll figure the putter out.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

That was fun.

I always rooted for Tiger before the "whatever it was" but I've found that I root for Tiger even harder now at least today. I wanted him to get this one so bad. I almost jumped when he hit the eagle putt on 8 and I cussed him up and down when he missed that short eagle putt on 15. Up until he missed that putt I thought he was finally going to chase somebody down.

It was something for Charl to birdie those last four holes. I thought he just had a lucky front 9 with the two hole outs and would fade on the back but wow was I wrong.

I wanted Rory to come back a little to give Tiger a chance but I wouldn't have wished what happened to him after 10 on anyone. I would have probably cried too.

That was the best Masters in recent memory. It was great shot by one competitor followed by a great shot by another. If they had played another few holes Day might have overcome Charl, but it had to end.
    And the last hole Luke Donald played was awesome, only to be exceeded by the unnecessary birdie by Charl.
    Tiger is a sore loser. That's bad for him, because he ought to get used to it.

This is totally unrelated to the play on the field but did anyone catch Jason Day's wife.....

Quoted from the great movie "Robocop".... I'd buy that for a dollar.
    Our next home stand follows this road trip.

I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah. says on the day before Easter

Mike Shannon

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    That was the best Masters in recent memory. It was great shot by one competitor followed by a great shot by another. If they had played another few holes Day might have overcome Charl, but it had to end.
    And the last hole Luke Donald played was awesome, only to be exceeded by the unnecessary birdie by Charl.
    I didn't see what tiger said? Either way most elite pro athletes are sore losers.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    What's funny is that from about the time Schwarzel had his eagle at 3, and Tiger had his Eagle at 8, there just didn't seem to be a whole lot of action. For about two hours it seemed like players would join the club of 2 shots or fewer from the lead, but no one was really going to be lower than -10 or -11.

Than all of a sudden, the last hour and a half was nothing but birdies and eagles. Very cool to watch.
    When people say that I dont know what Im talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

I couldn't help but think that ESPN, CBS and PGA are probably bummed that the Masters was won by the guy least familiar to everyone. Of course, now he's a household name to the golf world, but it always seems like they are disappointed when the winner is not a "winner".

Great show though- I enjoyed every minute of it. And I'm reminded that golf is a humbling game when I see guys fall apart on the last round.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    I couldn't help but think that ESPN, CBS and PGA are probably bummed that the Masters was won by the guy least familiar to everyone. Of course, now he's a household name to the golf world, but it always seems like they are disappointed when the winner is not a "winner".

Great show though- I enjoyed every minute of it. And I'm reminded that golf is a humbling game when I see guys fall apart on the last round.
    I don't think they minded too much given how it went down. It was close the whole way and Tiger had people watching all day.

They probably didn't like how Louis Oosthouserioesr won the British last year.

I live next to a golf course and this morning I went out to hit a quick bucket before work. I walking over and the side walk runs a long the 8th tee. There was an older man about to tee off and he had to be in his 60s. But he was in pretty good shape and had a fairly long swing for someone his age.

So I watched as he hit a pretty good tee shot and as he held his follow through he spun the club and let the head fall down to his hands. And I started laughing, it was very strange to see a guy his age do the "Tiger Twirl".

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Holy smokes was that an awesome Masters. I got my wish, although I'm surprised it happened the way it did. One of the best ever. With just a few holes left, 7 guys were were within 1 shot of the lead. We may never see that many with a shot to win with so few holes left. That was crazy.

Congrats to Charl for performing his best when the pressure was at it's highest. Well done.

BTW, I still can't believe Tiger missed those short putts on the Back 9. He never does that in a major, let alone the last 9 tied for the lead.
    Yes. It was an absolutely great Master's tournament, but most especially, the final round.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I live next to a golf course and this morning I went out to hit a quick bucket before work. I walking over and the side walk runs a long the 8th tee. There was an older man about to tee off and he had to be in his 60s. But he was in pretty good shape and had a fairly long swing for someone his age.

So I watched as he hit a pretty good tee shot and as he held his follow through he spun the club and let the head fall down to his hands. And I started laughing, it was very strange to see a guy his age do the "Tiger Twirl".
    The "Tiger Twirl" had been done years before Tiger had played. Heck that older guy was probably doing the Tiger Twirl before Tiger was born.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I don't think they minded too much given how it went down. It was close the whole way and Tiger had people watching all day.

They probably didn't like how Louis Oosthouserioesr won the British last year.
    The guy filling in for Gottleib on ESPN radio is talking about the biggest story of this year's Masters, and whether it was the run by Tiger or the collapse by Rory. It's neither. The story was that for the better part of the back nine, you had two pages of leaderboard with a share of the lead or within two shots of it. It was as wide open of a tournament as I've ever seen on golf's greatest stage. It's indicative of the parity that exists in golf right now and the problems that it creates. It makes marketing the game very difficult.

It's really easy to hype a tournament as "Tiger vs. Phil" or "Tiger vs. The World". It's very difficult hype a tournament as "75 guys have a legitimate chance of winning." Golf, in terms of competition, is very healthy because there is so much parity at a high level. But the guys in charge of marketing it have to pulling out their hair as yet another unknown wins a major.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Turn Off Ads?