Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Sandusky, Ohio rated 5th Best Family Fun destination spot.

Sandusky, Ohio rated 5th Best Family Fun destination spot.

From "TripAdvisor".

Top-rated attraction: Cedar Point Amusement Park and Resort.

The big draw of this Lake Erie coastal destination is one of America’s oldest amusement parks, Cedar Point, which has a whopping 17 roller coasters, rated from 2 (mild thrill) to 5 (aggressive thrill). Cedar Point’s water park Soak City also ranks high among Sandusky visitors.

Some of Sandusky’s other family attractions include the Kalahari Waterpark Resort, Ghostly Manor Thrill Center, the Merry-Go-Round Museum, and the Sandusky Maritime Museum.

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-interests-38952334

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguid...rk_cleveland-i

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-1642...ort_sandusky-i

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Sandusky, Ohio rated 5th Best Family Fun destination spot.

We usually hit CP once every summer. The kids love them roller coasters. We stayed at the Great Wolf Lodge once. Waaay to expensive for our tastes, over-rated IMO, and really geared more for smaller children and not teenagers.

The Kalahari Resort, which is right down the same street is a lot more fun. The Jet Express, to Put-In-Bay and Kelleys Island, is also another fun venture for those that have the time.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    The Jet Express, to Put-In-Bay and Kelleys Island, is also another fun venture for those that have the time.
    PIB, Marblehead and Kelley's Island are a lot of fun. We go up there every few summers.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I love Cedar Point and I also try to go there at least once every summer. I'm a huge roller coaster fan but CP in general is just a really enjoyable park. They have a ton of things there and even if you're not a big coaster fan, there's plenty of other things to see and do there. My grandma went with my mom and me one year and even she had an enjoyable time there.

I've also been to Put in Bay and Kelley's Island and they're also great vacation spots. I'm a nerd and I loved driving the gold cart all over Kelley's Island. I think Lake Erie has a lot of great vacation options for folks who want to get away for a while but not have to drive too far.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Been there once, many moons again. Enjoyed it a great deal in fact my favorite coaster is there, the Mean Streak wooden coaster. I went there the year they started the Magnum, probably 10+ years ago, maybe even 15.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Got married in PIB and vacationed on Kelley's Island, great places! And CP is definitely one of the top rollercoaster parks in the country, if not the world.

I heard Sandusky has been on the uptick since Tommy Callahan and Z finalized that big brake pad order.

When I go, I try to A). Make it during a weekday (weekends are ridiculous there), and B). make it a two day trip. Trying to do everything in once day can be a bit difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    I heard Sandusky has been on the uptick since Tommy Callahan and Z finalized that big brake pad order.
    Nicely done!

Turn Off Ads?