Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: NCAA Early Entry Thread

Re: NCAA Early Entry Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Got to love that UNC squad-- depth everywhere with McAdoo playing behind all three Tar Heel bigs. Hairston, Barnes, and Bullock need to be able to stroke the 3, as do Strickland and Marshall. That will be the determining factor in Carolina's quest for the championship.

UK, OTOH, would be questionable underneath, IMO. Jones could post almost anyone, but he has to learn a couple moves. (An up and under would be nice to see, as would an effective baby hook.) Miller would kill most small forwards if he posts, but I'd put a big on him anyway. Davis is willowy and Wiltjer is young and hasn't played all that much with athletes this special.

Actually, when you look over CBB, only Duke and Kansas look like they may take serious steps backward. Memphis looks really good. I like Washington's team. Lousville looks intriguing. Pitt is solid, especially if they return their lead guard, Gibson. (Though, with others not entering the draft, he may see an opportunity.) MSU will be much, much better. Michigan looks really loaded. Vandy even looks good. Florida will be fun to see play, too.
    I'm still not buying it, but mostly because of how the dribble drive works. This is going to be the most DDMO-centric offense Calipari has had since he has been at Memphis. Cal has had to adapt to big men the past couple of seasons in using Cousins/Orton two years ago and Harrellson last season. This year he has the Robert Dozier types that made him successful at Memphis.

Mismatches slice both ways. You might have a big underneath such as Zeller and Henson but when you are going against the dribble drive you have to pull them out from under the rim where they are the most effective. Otherwise you are going to have four or possibly even five guys who can spread the floor and stroke it from deep.

As for other teams, the one outside of UNC that worries me next season is UConn again. They are losing Kemba but the rest of that team is still young and very talented. If Shabazz Napier and Jeremy Lamb pick up where Kemba left off and they can get some production out of Boatwright they are going to be scary again.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Actually, when you look over CBB, only Duke and Kansas look like they may take serious steps backward. Memphis looks really good. I like Washington's team. Lousville looks intriguing. Pitt is solid, especially if they return their lead guard, Gibson. (Though, with others not entering the draft, he may see an opportunity.) MSU will be much, much better. Michigan looks really loaded. Vandy even looks good. Florida will be fun to see play, too.
    Don't forget the Buckeyes.

Next year's NCAA season might just be one of the best in a long time. You have quite a few lottery picks returning to school. It may just resemble college basketball before the one nad done became prevalent.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    You might have a big underneath such as Zeller and Henson but when you are going against the dribble drive you have to pull them out from under the rim where they are the most effective. Otherwise you are going to have four or possibly even five guys who can spread the floor and stroke it from deep.
    Not to mention then you force them to have to guard the drive at the rim....where they end up in foul trouble potentially. I'd think UNC fans may know about foul trouble for Henson given our last game. :P

Quote Originally Posted by LexRedsFan View Post
    Not to mention then you force them to have to guard the drive at the rim....where they end up in foul trouble potentially. I'd think UNC fans may know about foul trouble for Henson given our last game. :P
    Yeah, but the Tar Heels also didn't have McAdoo last year if one of the two does get in foul trouble.......
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Texas players Tristan Thompson, Jordan Hamilton and Cory Joseph have all declared for the NBA draft.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1KM0jP2Nq

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Speaking as a fan of College basketball in general, It's great news that players such as Sullinger, Barnes, Terrence and Perry Jones and Ashton Gibbs are returning to school. I enjoy the underdog Cinderella stories as much as anyone, but some real heavyweight teams will certainly make for compelling viewing next year. Is this a trend or a by-product of an NBA lockout? Time will tell.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Tu Holloway withdrew from the draft and will be back at Xavier next year.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Butler junior guard Shelvin Mack is staying in the NBA Draft.

Sources told FOXSports.com that the 6-foot-2 guard will forgo his final season at Butler despite the uncertainty of being a first-round pick.

According to several NBA executives, Mack could go late first round or in the second round.

Mack has been a key component to Butler advancing to a pair of national championship games over the past two seasons.
    Can't blame him, his stock may never be higher.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Turn Off Ads?