Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: How will the jury decide?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not guilty

6 25.00%
  • Guilty on all charges

3 12.50%
  • Guilty on at least one charge

11 45.83%
  • Hung jury

4 16.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bonds Trial Poll

Bonds Trial Poll

Here's a nice summary of how the Bonds perjury trial unfolded as closing arguments and jury deliberation begin:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...rial-analysis/

Given the verdict is near, here's a simple poll asking how you think it WILL turn out. This isn't about how it SHOULD turn out giving your opinion on Bonds and steroids etc but rather, what you think the jury will do given how the trial unfolded?
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bonds Trial Poll

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Here's a nice summary of how the Bonds perjury trial unfolded as closing arguments and jury deliberation begin:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...rial-analysis/

Given the verdict is near, here's a simple poll asking how you think it WILL turn out. This isn't about how it SHOULD turn out giving your opinion on Bonds and steroids etc but rather, what you think the jury will do given how the trial unfolded?
    To be quite fair no matter how I feel about him personally I think he was found guilty before he walked into the court room.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

"Beyond a reasonable doubt" is a tough standard.

Not guilty.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

If I would have voted on the 7th, it would have been "not guilty". I think if the jury were inclined toward not guilty, they would have done it by now.

Quote Originally Posted by defender View Post
    If I would have voted on the 7th, it would have been "not guilty". I think if the jury were inclined toward not guilty, they would have done it by now.
    Seems like there may be a holdout or two on the jury if there hasn't been a verdict yet. That bodes well for Bonds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

The longer this drags out the worst it is for Barry. They will find him guilty on at least 1 count on the back of the "personal shopper" testimony.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Seems like there may be a holdout or two on the jury if there hasn't been a verdict yet. That bodes well for Bonds.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Anything less than one day of deliberation per week of trial is usually good for the defense, because it is easier to find not guilty. Since it was a 3 week trial, day 3 (yesterday) and day 4 (today) would be the most likely days to hammer out a conviction.

At this point, the most likely outcome is a conviction today. If it goes past today, it would be an indication of a serious split, and better news for Bonds.

Based on some of the testimony the jury requested to be read to them, I'd be inclined to think he'll get nailed on at least one count. And I wouldn't be surprised if there is at least one juror who is saying if Bonds says he is innocent, why didn't he testify ... despite the judge's instructions.

Guilty on one charge, mistrial on the others....

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6347014

Are the Feds still investigating Bonds for tax evasion?
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

Reasonable doubt is getting stretched incredibly thin, IMO. I'm glad people take their jury responsibilites seriously but I don't think anyone truly understands REASONABLE doubt.

And one juror today said "I think the prosecution was trying to hard to find Bonds guilty."

That might be the single dumbest quote in the history of man.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    And one juror today said "I think the prosecution was trying to hard to find Bonds guilty."

Was that person also on the OJ jury?

"Kids are always chasing rainbows, but baseball is a world where you can catch them." ~
    Johnny Vander Meer

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Reasonable doubt is getting stretched incredibly thin, IMO. I'm glad people take their jury responsibilites seriously but I don't think anyone truly understands REASONABLE doubt.

I don't really mind this comment. It doesn't really apply to this situation because Bonds had a very good defense team, but in other situations I think it can be very dangerous. I don't really like when you get the feeling that the prosecution is throwing everything and the kitchen sink at a defendant. I want a fair trial, not one when the prosecution is pulling out all the stops.

Bump...

I can't imagine the prosecution is beating their chests over the resolution of this issue...

http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/16/justic...html?hpt=hp_t2

Ultimately, when considering if it was worth it, I can't get past the money the government spent on this investigation... I'd say no.

Turn Off Ads?