Can't these people catch a break?
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: ANOTHER Major Earthquake Hits Japan; Tsunamis Expected

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Breaking News- 7.4 magnitude.

Can't these people catch a break?
    Wow, no way.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Tsunami warnings were cancelled. No issues with the sea this time.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

FWIW. The Richter scale is logarithmic. A 9.0 earthquake releases about 70 times more energy than a 7.5.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

I wonder what kind of effect this will have on car manufacturing over there? Companies like Honda and Toyota have to be reeling right now as far as finding a way to get raw materials in and finished goods out. I believe the transportation channels in Japan are in rough shape right now.
    Follow us on Twitter! @Redlegs_Review
    Link to my Reds blog http://redlegsreview.com/

Reports are the 7.4 killed at least 2 people, hundreds injured.

I gotta say earthquakes probably freak me out more than any natural disaster, something about the earth opening up and swallowing us all. :thumbdown

Reading this and seeing the frequencies as of late made me have a serious nightmare this morning about it. There were several which resulted in mammoth Tsunamis which covered the earth. At least I assume so because those massive waves (think the movie 2012 over the mountains of Napal) I and some close to me lived thru (because I had the foresight to get an oxygen tank ) were absolutely devastating. I won't go into it but you can imagine the carnage, freaked me out!
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by ruREaDy2 View Post
    I wonder what kind of effect this will have on car manufacturing over there? Companies like Honda and Toyota have to be reeling right now as far as finding a way to get raw materials in and finished goods out. I believe the transportation channels in Japan are in rough shape right now.
    It is already having an impact on their American plants.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/27477805/detail.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    I gotta say earthquakes probably freak me out more than any natural disaster, something about the earth opening up and swallowing us all. :thumbdown
    That's too Hollywood, what actually happens is akin to having a giant pick up the building you're in and shake it like two dice at craps table and then throw you against the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    It is already having an impact on their American plants.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/27477805/detail.html
    I work at the Honda EL plant. We went to 4 hr production days with employees given the option on the last 4 hours of taking it off with no pay, take vacation to cover it, or stay and they'll find misc work for you (cleaning, maintenance support, taking classes). It's one thing I do admire about the Japanese. They may expect more out of you, and work you hard; but they also believe in taking care of their employees, and doing the best they can, even during difficult times.

Around 80% of our parts are made here in the U.S. The problem is that many of today's cars use micro-chip technology, and that is where the "fires" have propped up. Some of the makers of those chips are in Japan. We've put out some of those "fires" by finding compatible chips from other suppliers; but it's a day-to-day thing as they are scrambling to find others. We've been told that our plant go, if they have to, for several months at this schedule, which does keep them making the CR-V and Crosstours, at reduced levels, while buying them time.

Plus our inventory levels were adequate enough (around 45 days on the CR-V) to help us out. We normally make 950 cars/day between the two shifts. We're now making 470.

Another problem will present itself once they get this situation of re-establishing our supply lines turned around - building our inventory of cars, especially the hot selling CR-V, back up, and also meeting the current demand for them. We sold 22,000 CR-Vs last month. That was a 45% increase over the same time last year. And it's been this way for the last year.

Translation? Lots of mandatory O.T.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

GAC, that is great to hear.

Just watching the news this morning. ANOTHER earthquake this morning. 7.1, and they are expecting a 3 foot Tsunami.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapc...pt=T1&iref=BN1
    Let's make some noise!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean_CaseyRules View Post
    Just watching the news this morning. ANOTHER earthquake this morning. 7.1, and they are expecting a 3 foot Tsunami.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapc...pt=T1&iref=BN1

It really has to be stressful. My very good friend in Japan seems shellshocked right now.

Turn Off Ads?