Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manny Ramirez Retires

Manny Ramirez Retires

Just heard on the radio that ManRam has retired. No other details given. I will look for a link. LOL. Further detail just came in. MLB recently notified Ramirez there was an issue under the Major League Drug Agreement. Manny notified MLB that instead of continuing with the process he is going to retire. That hints that Manny once again was a cheating dog.
    Last edited by texasdave; 04-08-2011 at 04:26 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Manny Ramirez Retires

All those wonderful numbers Manny put up. Forget them. Ramirez will still be allowed to visit the HOF in Cooperstown. He just won't be part of it. Players are still out there cheating. Anyone that thinks the game is clean is naive.

I'm gonna miss that baggy uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Anyone that thinks the game is clean is naive.
    If you ever find an organization that is clean let me know. I'll devote my life to it.

If Manny were still with the Red Sox,would he have been caught?
    The Hunt for a Reds October.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6310125

Tampa Bay Rays designated hitter Manny Ramirez is retiring.

Major League Baseball announced the move in a statement on Friday.

"Major League Baseball recently notified Manny Ramirez of an issue under Major League Baseball's Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program," the statement said. "Rather than continue with the process under the Program, Ramirez has informed MLB that he is retiring as an active player. If Ramirez seeks reinstatement in the future, the process under the Drug Program will be completed. MLB will not have any further comment on this matter."

Ramirez was entering his 18th season in the majors. He played with the Cleveland Indians, Boston Red Sox, Los Angeles Dodgers, Chicago White Sox and Rays. He has a .312 career batting average with 1,831 RBIs and 555 homers.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6310125

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Blindsided by this news.

Quote Originally Posted by LeDoux View Post
    If you ever find an organization that is clean let me know. I'll devote my life to it.
    I know for a fact that my little league team - Sheldon Tigers - has noone using steroids. But they abuse the heck out of Sunny Delight, Twinkies and Fruit Roll-Ups.
    Last edited by texasdave; 04-08-2011 at 04:42 PM.

It could be something as simple as pot, I do not know if I have ever seen Manny on TV when he did not look stoned

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

**scrambles to find pictures of manny with ricky williams**

I know for a fact that my little league team - Sheldon Tigers - has noone using steroids. But they abuse the heck out of Sunny Delight, Twinkies and Fruit Roll-Ups.
    Sounds like that team had a serious Performance Diminishing Food & Beverage (PDF&B) problem. I just called my Congressman. Expect hearings soon.

Quote Originally Posted by LeDoux View Post
    Sounds like that team had a serious Performance Diminishing Food & Beverage (PDF&B) problem. I just called my Congressman. Expect hearings soon.
    This team had such a serious sugar/corn syrup buzz going that most of them didn't sleep all summer. But we won our league. That's a fair exchange in my book.

PS Your Congressman just emailed me and said he was too busy shutting down the government to get involved. Saved by bureaucracy. Nice.

Nothing like a good sugar addiction.

Your Congressman just emailed me and said he was too busy shutting down the government to get involved. Saved by bureaucracy. Nice.
    I have my Janet Napolitano approved Armageddon Kit, so I am not worried.

Turn Off Ads?