Bats Photos Apr 8, 2011

Klinker

Doesn't that seem to be poor extension?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bats Photos Apr 8, 2011

GOYA,

Great pics!

Regarding Klinker, you're noticing something that I have commented on several times. In addition to this, please watch him when he has men on base and he is pitching from the stretch. (Was this pitch from the stretch?) From the stretch last year, his left foot would hardly leave the dirt when he raised it to go into his delivery. My observation is that he is left with very little momentum going toward the plate as his body is never really shifted to get the best push off his right leg. I realize you need to avoid a real high leg kick with guys on but his is well below what I would think is necessary to get something on the delivery.
    Last edited by muddie; 04-09-2011 at 09:25 AM.

I was trying to remember the situation and can't but I think it was from the stretch. Did Klinker have problems in the past with being too slow to the plate?

From the stretch last year, his left foot would hardly leave the dirt when he raised it to go into his delivery.
    Slide step? Idea is to be quicker to the plate so as to deter basestealers.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Slide step? Idea is to be quicker to the plate so as to deter basestealers.
    Going on memory here...

It probably is his version of a slide step but again, as I recall he doesn't extend his left leg out in front of his body to get the body motion to the plate that you would think would be necessary. When he pitched here against Durham in the playoffs last year I was front row behind the Bat's dugout and had a view like GOYA posted here and it was definitely something that stood out in mind.

I know batsfan and GOYA will see him several times during the season and I would like to hear more of their interpretation but GOYA's comment about his lack of extension defintiely rung a bell for me.

Quote Originally Posted by GOYA View Post
    I was trying to remember the situation and can't but I think it was from the stretch. Did Klinker have problems in the past with being too slow to the plate?
    I don't specifically recall that he did.

Turn Off Ads?