Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Comment thread: Rest of the NL Central

Comment thread: Rest of the NL Central

Obviously, if something really huge develops, such an occurance would be worthy of its own thread, but I think it would be cool to have a general space to comments on the happenings of the rest of the NL Central. Good idea?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Re: Comment thread: Rest of the NL Central

It's early, but I felt the division was up for grabs from the beginning for several reasons.

1. Cards have the starting pitching, even without Wainwright, and a decent bullpen. And they have Pujols and Holliday to carry their offense.
    2. Brewers are much improved, but haven't shown it yet.
    3. Cubs have too much talent but they always seem to implode.
    4. Pirates are cheap, but they have some nice young players who are maturing like McCutcheon. They always play hard even if they are limited.
    5. Houston had the best NL record after the trading deadline last season. I thought their young players might start to put something together.
    6. Reds are the reigning Central Champs and are the same team basically.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981 View Post
    Obviously, if something really huge develops, such an occurance would be worthy of its own thread, but I think it would be cool to have a general space to comments on the happenings of the rest of the NL Central. Good idea?
    Its a good idea, but posting tends to be a little chaotic in the Sundeck. We often have several threads with the same theme operating at the same time. We also have a short attention span here. If a post doesn't stay on the front page it is usually buried forever.

However, I will do my part. How about them Pirates? Are they playing over their heads right now or have they made big strides?

Anyone else ever wonder why the NL Central consists of SIX teams while every other division in MLB has 5 or less? Furthermore, why does the NL have 16 clubs and the AL only 14? Seems unfair to me.
    If you're one of the four teams from the AL West you automatically have a better mathematical chance at making the playoffs than teams from any other division. Why not pluck Milwaukee from the Central and move them to the AL West? Just something to ponder I guess.
    Follow us on Twitter! @Redlegs_Review
    Link to my Reds blog http://redlegsreview.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ruREaDy2 View Post
    Anyone else ever wonder why the NL Central consists of SIX teams while every other division in MLB has 5 or less? Furthermore, why does the NL have 16 clubs and the AL only 14? Seems unfair to me.
    If you're one of the four teams from the AL West you automatically have a better mathematical chance at making the playoffs than teams from any other division. Why not pluck Milwaukee from the Central and move them to the AL West? Just something to ponder I guess.
    You have to have an even number of teams in each league or else there would always be one interleague series going on. In order to even out the leagues they will have to add or subtract two teams.

Quote Originally Posted by bshall2105 View Post
    You have to have an even number of teams in each league or else there would always be one interleague series going on. In order to even out the leagues they will have to add or subtract two teams.
    That makes sense. Thanks for the insight bshall. Although I'm not a fan of interleague play per say, the solution to this could be just to play a few more interleague series' and spread them throughout the year.
    Follow us on Twitter! @Redlegs_Review
    Link to my Reds blog http://redlegsreview.com/

Turn Off Ads?