Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 44 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: So when is Bruce going to start hitting?

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

So when is Bruce going to start hitting?

It's the elephant in the room I feel like. He's off to another really slow start and in general just having awful at-bats. This was supposed to be the year.

I guess I don't have direct criticism for Jay Bruce. I just wish he had to watch a season of himself at the plate. It's a roller coaster of frustration, ups and downs, and confusion.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: So when is Bruce going to start hitting?

The Reds have played all of seven games.

Send him and Volquez back to Louisville.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Immediately

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Forget that, Trade them for a bucket of balls!
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

I'm not implicating that we send him to Louisville. I'm just saying that it would just be nice if he got off to a decent start. He's quietly salting away like 10% of his season here without production.

I don't know, maybe I'm crazy for being frustrated. But I just don't get the peaks and valleys with a guy with his talent.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0

I feel like I have read this thread before. At least last time you started this you gave Bruce more than 7 games.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Hopefully soon, if not make it after the impatient guy in my fantasy league drops him.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    I feel like I have read this thread before. At least last time you started this you gave Bruce more than 7 games.
    Alright, but wait a second. It hasn't just been 7 games. This is going on four seasons now we're waiting to see a finished product.

Except for the last few weeks of last season and the first few weeks of his career he's been lukewarm to say the least.

I don't know. I guess I just wonder when the light is truly going to go on. Or am I worrying about nothing here? I look around the league and other power hitters are doing their thing. He just doesn't produce runs like a middle of the order guy should, and little things show I'm not the only one who notices.

Dusty consistently hits him 6th, even against RHP and is reluctant to ever put him anywhere higher than 5th on the occasional night here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990 View Post
    Alright, but wait a second. It hasn't just been 7 games. This is going on four seasons now we're waiting to see a finished product.

Except for the last few weeks of last season and the first few weeks of his career he's been lukewarm to say the least.

I don't know. I guess I just wonder when the light is truly going to go on. Or am I worrying about nothing here? I look around the league and other power hitters are doing their thing. He just doesn't produce runs like a middle of the order guy should, and little things show I'm not the only one who notices.

Dusty consistently hits him 6th, even against RHP and is reluctant to ever put him anywhere higher than 5th on the occasional night here and there.
    Not so much...

2010: .281/.353/.493

Be patient.

He certainly hasn't had the quality of at-bats he was having late last season, which makes me wonder if he will improve over last season.

Regardless he will start hitting back to his normal levels as this is of course a stupid sample size to work with. The question is will he improve over last season? Maybe not if his pitch selection does not improve.

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

Wow. Whoever had the under in how many games it would be until we saw this thread really cleaned up.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990 View Post
    It's the elephant in the room I feel like. He's off to another really slow start and in general just having awful at-bats. This was supposed to be the year.

I guess I don't have direct criticism for Jay Bruce. I just wish he had to watch a season of himself at the plate. It's a roller coaster of frustration, ups and downs, and confusion.
    Aren't you the guy that thought/suspected last year there was more to Bruce's injury and that he was going to miss the rest of the season when he was out?

Patience my friend.

I don't feel over-reactionary by starting the thread.

He hasn't had a single decent at-bat yet. Just wonder if he's ever going to really put it together. Hope he goes 3 for 4 tomorrow and this thread becomes in jest. For now, it was time to ask the question.

He needs to start thinking up the middle and left center.

Turn Off Ads?