Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: So when is Bruce going to start hitting?

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Re: So when is Bruce going to start hitting?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Lost the ball in the sun. I don't have an issue with someone losing the ball in the sun.
    Except when his sunglasses are uselessly perched on the bill of his cap.
    sorry we're boring

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Lost the ball in the sun. I don't have an issue with someone losing the ball in the sun.
    While I agree, I still strongly disagree that he gets similar jumps to Bruce, and also compared to Stubbs when he plays CF. I think a lot of people take Stubbs and Bruce for granted because of how easy they make some tough plays look.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Sometimes, but i just thought that it is ironic that we have posters talking about expectations and he's still young an all that, and then in the same thread we are saying things like he is far and away the best defensive RFer in baseball. Just ironic.

I know the party line is that Jay is a great defender and I don't think anyone will dispute that. But why do we always have to go to the extreme? This guy has the potential to be a top 5 starter in the league, this one is a #1 starter, that one will be an MVP candidate. And then when they don't hit their targets, some end up being disappointed. Can you blame them?
    I went to the extreme because it's true IMO. I state it as fact because I believe to be fact. I'm not gonna hide my feelings about it to save someone else from being disappointed. Expectations are just that, something we expect to happen not necessarily will. One opinion is in the present, other statements are a hope for the future and are usually accompanied by a disclaimer of sorts, a big difference.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

50/50 chance he's in the lineup tonight, Per Jamie Ramsey on Twitter. Too bad because he has a homer against tonight's starter and a couple XBH's.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Good series for Bruce. 6 hits, 2 homers. Couple of really clutch knocks today. No one could be happier than me. Now let's get back into that Volquez thread while this falls to the bottom for a few weeks.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

The answer to the original question is....

NOW!

4 for 5 today with a bomb. I'd say he's righted the ship.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    The answer to the original question is....

NOW!

4 for 5 today with a bomb. I'd say he's righted the ship.
    The hitting ship is righted.

Now, the baserunning ship . . . .

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    The hitting ship is righted.

Now, the baserunning ship . . . .
    I say that one goes on Hatcher who was pointing him toward second.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Dave Anderson was telling Josh Hamilton that the plate was open as well. But, ultimately, the player has to make the decision if he can make it.

I didn't see the play so I don't know if the play was in front of Bruce (a la Hamilton) or if it was behind him which would be a mitigating factor in his action.

Rem

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I disagree. Bruce was a good 20 feet past the bag before he made his move toward 2B, and the ball was at the tarp, so the play was in front of him. This baserunning gaffe belongs to him.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Why did Dusty pull him in the 4th inning? Just when Bruce is getting his act together?

This is actually not on Bruce; but has anyone noticed he's been getting double-switched for quite a bit this year? Kind of odd to do to a gold-glove defender in a game where he has at least one and maybe two more at-bats coming against RH bullpen guys.

Monday night: Baker pulled Bruce in the fourth inning for Hermida
    Last night: Baker pulled Bruce after the 6th for Heisey.

What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990 View Post
    This is actually not on Bruce; but has anyone noticed he's been getting double-switched for quite a bit this year? Kind of odd to do to a gold-glove defender in a game where he has at least one and maybe two more at-bats coming against RH bullpen guys.

What gives?
    Last night he was double switched with Hermida up next and Bruce as the last batter. Made total sense with Chapman going more than 1 inning.

What gives?
    Why is it odd? Bruce has been struggling at the plate over the past few days. When they switch its not like they are putting Gomes in their for Bruce, its Heisey who is a good defender in his own right.

It may be more telling on Bruce at this stage in his development that he is getting double switched out of games.

What gives?
    Monday's game got out hand early, so Dusty started subbing early. His first substitution came as part of a double switch during a pitching change.

Last night, Dusty wanted to bring in Chapman and have him pitch for two innings, but not have to come to the plate. The #9 spot was due to bat fourth in the next inning, so a double switch was necessary. Bruce was the last player to bat in the previous inning, so he was the logical choice to switch out. I wouldn't read too much into it.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Turn Off Ads?