Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: So when is Bruce going to start hitting?

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Re: So when is Bruce going to start hitting?

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Exactly. So many times moves get questioned. Fans know 2% of the story. Management knows his value. They aren't drawing lineups out of a hat and they aren't picking on him.
    Management isn't always right though. To think that just because they're professionals, that every move they make is a good one shouldn't be assumed either. Sometimes, the fans really do know better.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990 View Post
    Management isn't always right though. To think that just because they're professionals, that every move they make is a good one shouldn't be assumed either. Sometimes, the fans really do know better.
    I'd rather have the moves dictated by management, which has access to the player and knows him well, than by fans who are guessing.

The Reds just gave Bruce a long-term contract. Whatever moves they are making with him are for the team's and Jay's interests, not for spite and not out of ignorance.

Any decision can turn out to be wrong. But at least let's wait and hear the rationale.

Reds have 3 outfielders playing pretty well, and another outfielder who is an excellent, well above average player, who is not currently playing well. Therefore, the Reds have 4 legit outfielders right now, and 3 outfield spots. I'm the biggest Bruce fan in the world, but I don't really have a problem with getting Heisey some AB's right now, and to do that, someone has to sit. It's just the reality of the situation.

I guess you have to dig for things to complain about when the team is 8-3 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I'd rather have the moves dictated by management, which has access to the player and knows him well, than by fans who are guessing.
    I agree with the overall point of your post.

BUT... Keep in mind, back in the early 1990s if there was a Bengals forum, someone may have been saying "Look, Dave Shula is the coach and has access to these players."

That being said, I trust Dusty for the most part. He definitely makes some moves I vehemently disagree with, but unless they name me field manager that's going to be the case with anyone. So I can dig Dusty.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    2013 Reds Record when I attend: 5-4
    2012 Reds Record when I attend: 10-7

Per Fay, Bruce tweaked his groin but is available tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    No word on if Ghosts still hopes Heisey never gets a hit again.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

That explains that. Thanks HB.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Maybe Dusty is just making this up to cover for his ineptitude.

Alright guys, let's take it easy on the OP. It's hard for one person to defend themselves against a barrage of posts.

I disagree with him pretty often but one thing is clear - he's a pretty devoted Reds fan. And that's why we're all here, ya know?
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    2013 Reds Record when I attend: 5-4
    2012 Reds Record when I attend: 10-7

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Alright guys, let's take it easy on the OP. It's hard for one person to defend themselves against a barrage of posts.

I disagree with him pretty often but one thing is clear - he's a pretty devoted Reds fan. And that's why we're all here, ya know?
    I disagree, I think it falls under this category.

Look, mister, there's... two kinds of dumb, uh... guy that gets naked and runs out in the snow and barks at the moon, and, uh, guy who does the same thing in my living room.

First one don't matter, the second one you're kinda forced to deal with.
    You post it, be prepared to back it up.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I disagree, I think it falls under this category.

You post it, be prepared to back it up.
    Back up what? Bruce is hitting .220. Now he's hurt. His season has been nothing sort of a train wreck thus far.

If you're in the majority of attackers on this one, the majority is wrong. There's no debating in this thread. When he starts hitting, there can be some light jesting and then it can drop off the front page like all threads do when they're dead.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Back up what? Bruce is hitting .220

If you're in the majority of attackers on this one, the majority is wrong. There's no debating in this thread. When he starts hitting, there can be some light jesting and then it can drop off the front page like all threads do when they're dead.
    Right, because 10 games is a much better indicator than his line last year on his was to a 5+ WAR. You're right, these 10 games say way more than that 162 game campaign at the age of 23.

The overshoot factor in this thread makes my neck hurt. Its like watching tennis, back and forth.

Pay attention to the open sky

Back up what? Bruce is hitting .220. Now he's hurt. His season has been nothing sort of a train wreck thus far.

Actually I'm talking about this:

I hope Heisey never gets a hit again for the way that Dusty is with this stuff. He's an imbecile. Nothing I loved more than seeing Dusty run Heisey out there every day last year and Heisey did exactly what we all knew would happen when he played everyday, he became a .250 hitter. Loved it when Gomes couldn't hit a lick down the stretch. Dusty asked for it.
    Which makes the 1st post look actually tame.

Dumb move by Dusty. As horrible as Bruce has been; where went the players manager who should understand that inspiring confidence goes a long way?

What is with this hitting Bruce 7th, protecting him with Janish, sitting him AGAIN especially this time vs. a RHP, it makes no sense.

I hope Heisey never gets a hit again for the way that Dusty is with this stuff. He's an imbecile. Nothing I loved more than seeing Dusty run Heisey out there every day last year and Heisey did exactly what we all knew would happen when he played everyday, he became a .250 hitter. Loved it when Gomes couldn't hit a lick down the stretch. Dusty asked for it.

Dusty will get that just dessert tonight and the Reds will get about 6 hits. Keep platooning Bruce, Dusty. It will honestly get us nowhere. He needs ran out there every single day, regardless of LHP or RHP, struggling or not. Even if you want to hit him 8.
    Dumb? Imbecile? Just dessert?

YouTube - Take it Easy, Champ

Turn Off Ads?