Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Dave Sappelt Watch

Dave Sappelt Watch

Three games into the AAA season he is hitting a crisp 6 for 12.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dave Sappelt Watch

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Three games into the AAA season he is hitting a crisp 6 for 12.
    He's gonna be dangerous once that baserunning comes around. Having him, Mesoraco, Alsonso, and Cozart in AAA makes me feel good about our future.

I wonder what it will take for him to get called up. Gomes has been good so far this season and so has Heisey. I have no idea what the status is on Fred Lewis and how he even fits in on this team. You almost wonder if it would take an injury to get Sappelt up here...

Gomes isn't mashing it, but he's getting on base and had a clutch hit last night in the 9th. If the plan was to have Gomes the everyday starter, kinda makes you wonder why Lewis was signed this offseason.

I think it would take multiple injuries to the OF to see Sappelt in the majors this year, and the way he's tearing up I could see him or another OFer involved in a big trade if the Reds have to make a move around the deadline.

Looks like this Sappelt guy is slumping. 1 for 4 +1 BB yesterday. Rained out like a sissy today. At this pace the guy will be under .400 by the end of April!

Turn Off Ads?