Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Reading ORG

Reading ORG

What's up Sundeckers?

I was looking at ORG today (almost never view that section anymore) and stumbled on the Volquez thread. Guess what? The thread was chastised as being "sundeck-esque" by poster Homer Bailey. There were other snide comments scattered through the thread about this section of Redszone. I don't know about you but that rubs me the wrong way. There are many good posters on this site and to continue to absolute no respect from the other posters is too much.

Why should we continue to post here if the posters at ORG think so little of us? So we can prove that we are good enough to converse with them?? lol To me it seems like they like their closed circle which is fair enough but they should just close Sundeck if we are a joke to them.

/endrant

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reading ORG

The post must have been deleted. I can't find it.

I think it would be cool to be able to post in both forums, once you get into the ORG. I'd hate to "leave behind" the people I interact with here on a semi-regular basis. I'm not a super active poster who writes detailed posts, so I doubt I would get into the ORG in the first place, though.

Sundeck the bourgeois!

But seriously, what other posters say about the Sundeck does not bother me. We say it about ourselves quite often.

Quote Originally Posted by Parliament View Post
    What's up Sundeckers?

I was looking at ORG today (almost never view that section anymore) and stumbled on the Volquez thread. Guess what? The thread was chastised as being "sundeck-esque" by poster Homer Bailey. There were other snide comments scattered through the thread about this section of Redszone. I don't know about you but that rubs me the wrong way. There are many good posters on this site and to continue to absolute no respect from the other posters is too much.

Why should we continue to post here if the posters at ORG think so little of us? So we can prove that we are good enough to converse with them?? lol To me it seems like they like their closed circle which is fair enough but they should just close Sundeck if we are a joke to them.

/endrant
    Are you serious? Why do you care about what anyone on a message board thinks about you? Truth is that none of get paid any money to analyze baseball or the reds and I could really careless about how any poster on this site views another. For all I know or you for that matter, any poster on this board could be a complete piece of trash when out in society.

So some think they have high baseball intellect more so than others....big deal. I would bet that the majority of posters on both boards have never picked up a bat in a game above little league nor been hit in the ribs with a heater. In other words, don't worry about it.

I like it divided. This is the minor leagues of posting. Only a few other forums out there have a system like this and it makes RZ unique.

I dont think this is the minors at all, i just choose not to "apply" for the other board-I dont like that process. They have just as many ridiculous threads/posters over there as we have here , they just feel elite about it.
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    I dont think this is the minors at all, i just choose not to "apply" for the other board-I dont like that process. They have just as many ridiculous threads/posters over there as we have here , they just feel elite about it.
    nicely stated....

Facts are facts. The xFip of this post isn't strong enough to qualify for consideration for a promotion. It's surprising to me, too, because the back of your baseball card is impressive: A high Qtip, Xray, CATnip, and Vfart usually indicate a much higher xFip in a given thread. I'd say it's just an aberration.

It's all in good fun. I appreciate the tie-in between data and player performance, but I don't have the time/patience to read a thread that extends 13 pages long, littered with acronyms I then have to research. There's a lot of Alt-Tabbing going on when I try to follow those monsters.

Funny things is...I am actually a sports writer. It's what I do for a living. (obviously, I don't cover sabermetrics, but that doesn't mean I don't find SABR valuable or interesting.) I co-own a suite of web sites and serve as the company's chief editor. I manage a team of college Interns, which requires reading, editing, and revising their work on a daily basis. I also write a weekly column about The Big Ten and contribute to a weekly radio show.

So hey - The Sun Deck isn't just a bunch of hacks!

Regarding those on the other platform that feel empowered or superior - it's all good. Message board egos are nothing new...no reason to get bent out of shape about it.
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

www.OnCampusSports.com -- college sports covered by college students

It's Skyline time!

It's definitely an interesting system, but one that does make RZ unique. Before signing I pretty much read ORG for years, and never really read the sundeck. But now I don't mind posting here, although it'd be nice to move on to the ORG one day.

Just more volume over there, and more discussion.
    University of Kentucky Class of 2014

I am surprised this thread has not been closed yet, I don't even think the sundeck gets moderated anymore.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

A handful of 'em are pompous, most are respectable.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxblood View Post
    A handful of 'em are pompous, most are respectable.
    True and its still a great board.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

Sundeck is moderated as well. It relies on reported posts just like any other forum on this board.
    The reason this thread has not been closed is because it is following the rules.
    Last edited by Gallen5862; 04-11-2011 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cant Touch This View Post
    Facts are facts. The xFip of this post isn't strong enough to qualify for consideration for a promotion. It's surprising to me, too, because the back of your baseball card is impressive: A high Qtip, Xray, CATnip, and Vfart usually indicate a much higher xFip in a given thread. I'd say it's just an aberration.

It's all in good fun. I appreciate the tie-in between data and player performance, but I don't have the time/patience to read a thread that extends 13 pages long, littered with acronyms I then have to research. There's a lot of Alt-Tabbing going on when I try to follow those monsters.

Funny things is...I am actually a sports writer. It's what I do for a living. (obviously, I don't cover sabermetrics, but that doesn't mean I don't find SABR valuable or interesting.) I co-own a suite of web sites and serve as the company's chief editor. I manage a team of college Interns, which requires reading, editing, and revising their work on a daily basis. I also write a weekly column about The Big Ten and contribute to a weekly radio show.

So hey - The Sun Deck isn't just a bunch of hacks!

Regarding those on the other platform that feel empowered or superior - it's all good. Message board egos are nothing new...no reason to get bent out of shape about it.

Nice post

Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862 View Post
    Sundeck is moderated as well. It relies on reported posts just like any other forum on this board.
    The reason this thread has not been closed is because it is following the rules.
    I certainly was not trying to break any rules. I just felt that the Sundeck (and by inclusion the people who post here) was being unfairly mocked.

Look, if the ORG posters think we are not worthy of conversing with them so be it.

Turn Off Ads?