Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2011 NCAA Baseball Season

Re: 2011 NCAA Baseball Season

Oral Roberts trying to be the only #4 seed in their Regional to make it to the Super Regionals having spotted Dallas-Baptist 8 runs in the first. Currently trailing 11-9 in the bottom of the 7th.

http://www.ncaa.com/sports/baseball/d1
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 06-06-2011 at 11:53 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Super Regional schedule:

http://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/20...times-released

Charlottesville Super-Regional: UC Irvine vs Virginia (my prediction: Virginia)
    Santa Clara Super-Regional: Dallas Baptist vs California (my prediction: California)
    Tallahassee Super-Regional: Texas A&M vs Florida State (my prediction: Florida State)
    Columbia Super-Regional: Connecticut vs South Carolina (my prediction: South Carolina)
    Gainesville Super-Regional: Mississippi State vs Florida (my prediction: Florida)
    Austin Super-Regional: Arizona State vs Texas (Probably the most evenly matched Super-Regional...should go three games) (my prediction: Arizona State)
    Nashville Super-Regional: Oregon State vs Vanderbilt (my prediction: Oregon State)
    Chapel Hill Super-Regional: Stanford vs North Carolina (my prediction: North Carolina)

My prediction to win it all: Florida
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 06-07-2011 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    The Top-7 seeded teams won their regionals, but many of the remaining 16 hosts lost their Regionals.

#1 teams that lost their Regional and won't be advancing to the Super-Regionals:

Rice
    UCLA
    TCU
    Clemson
    Cal-State Fullerton
    Georgia Tech
    TBD: Texas A&M (game vs Arizona rained out and will be on Tuesday)
    Texas A&M survived scoring 3 in the bottom of the 8th to beat Arizona 3-0 today and get the last Super-Regional spot.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 06-07-2011 at 07:41 PM.

No chance Mississippi St. beats Florida.

I'l be at the Oregon State-Vandy series and I'm hoping you're goinna be wrong about that one too.

I'm generally a pessimist when it comes to my alma mater, but I don't think Oregon State has enough offense. But anything can happen in a 3 game series.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    No chance Mississippi St. beats Florida.

I'l be at the Oregon State-Vandy series and I'm hoping you're goinna be wrong about that one too.

I'm generally a pessimist when it comes to my alma mater, but I don't think Oregon State has enough offense. But anything can happen in a 3 game series.
    I agree with you. If I was betting, I'd pick Vanderbilt because they are at home. But, Oregon State really has been good in these tournaments the last half-a-dozen years.

I agree with you. If I was betting, I'd pick Vanderbilt because they are at home. But, Oregon State really has been good in these tournaments the last half-a-dozen years.
    And Vandy, generally hasn't, and that's what gives me pause.

I'l say this about Vandy: they're tremoundously talented and their best kids are veterans. 6 of the top 117 pics in the draft were Vandy kids and I know at least 4 more have been drafted. All 3 of their "weekend" SPs will be playing pro ball in a month.

Corbin has done a better job building a program there than I could have ever dreamed and I hope he stays there 60 years.

That said, it's time to take the next step and go to Omaha.

And Vandy, generally hasn't, and that's what gives me pause.

I'l say this about Vandy: they're tremoundously talented and their best kids are veterans. 6 of the top 117 pics in the draft were Vandy kids and I know at least 4 more have been drafted. All 3 of their "weekend" SPs will be playing pro ball in a month.

Corbin has done a better job building a program there than I could have ever dreamed and I hope he stays there 60 years.

That said, it's time to take the next step and go to Omaha.
    Realistically, it will be amazing if Oregon State even wins one game.

As you mentioned about the high draft picks...

Starting Pitcher Sonny Gray (11-3, 2.01 ERA) of Vanderbilt was drafted 18th overall in the 1st Round by the A's. Fellow Starting Pitcher Grayson Garvin (13-1, 2.37 ERA) was drafted 59th overall in the 1st Round Supplemental by the Rays. That's a formidable 1-2 to try to get a win off of. Add to that Vanderbilt's 29-4 record at home this season and it's really going to be difficult for Oregon State.

But, that's what Oregon State does best....the unexpected. They are still the only team to win the College World Series after losing their first game. Then to prove it wasn't a fluke, they won it the next season the normal way. They were to finish in the bottom half of the Pac-10 this season, as it was a rebuilding year. They had the Pac-10 title sewed up with a 3-game lead and 5 to play, but they lost 5 straight to end the year. Vanderbilt's on a roll, winning their Regional by a combined score of 26-2. Oregon State won all three of their Regional games, but played easier opponents. Traveling 2000 miles will exhaust them, but it is what it is. Oregon State's good at coming from behind in games. So, don't leave early. Their goal will be to get Gray and Garvin out of the games as soon as they can and try to rally in the late innings.....then win game three as Vanderbilt goes to their #3 pitcher if they can succeed at this in one of the first two games.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that Vanderbilt's Offense was the best in the SEC this year. Amazing that they were only the 6th overall seed in this tournament.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 06-08-2011 at 04:03 AM.

dabvu, Oregon State's chances almost went to nil after they learned that they'll be without their #2 pitcher, a guy who threw a no-hitter earlier this season, LHP Josh Osich. National Pitcher-of-the-Year finalist, Sam Gaviglio (12-2, 1.87 ERA) will have to try to outduel Vanderbilt's #1 pitcher in the opener tonight to give the Beavers a chance. Should be a great matchup. Game 2 will almost surely be won by Vanderbilt.

Florida takes out Mississippi 11-1 in the 1st Game of their regional.

North Carolina takes out Stanford 5-2 in the 1st Game of their regional.

Arizona State upsets Texas 3-1 in the 1st Game of their regional.

Oregon State @ Vanderbilt is underway. Vanderbilt quickly goes ahead 4-0 with clutch 2-out hitting. The Oregon State pitcher is looking like Volquez. After two quick outs, he gives up Walk, Walk, RBI-Single, RBI-Single, Walk, Visit-to-the-mound-from-the-Coach, 2-RBI-Single. OSU is getting crushed 11-0.

All games are on either ESPN, ESPN2, or ESPNU.

There are 8 games tomorrow (Saturday).
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 06-10-2011 at 11:07 PM.

dabvu, Oregon State's chances almost went to nil after they learned that they'll be without their #2 pitcher, a guy who threw a no-hitter earlier this season, LHP Josh Osich. National Pitcher-of-the-Year finalist, Sam Gaviglio (12-2, 1.87 ERA) will have to try to outduel Vanderbilt's #1 pitcher in the opener tonight to give the Beavers a chance. Should be a great matchup. Game 2 will almost surely be won by Vanderbilt.
    Felt bad for Gaviglo. The 2 out rallies caught Casey off guard and with no one in the bullpen. After the second Vandy outburst, Gaviglo just had to stay in there so they could save as much bullpen as possible.

Sonny Gray wasn't dominant but was more than good enough. Vandy is loose and confident.

Mississippi State upset Florida 4-3 today to force a Game 3 in that Super-Regional.

Virginia beat UC-Irvine 6-0 today to take Game 1 of that Super-Regional.

Texas A&M upset Florida State 6-2 today in Game 1 of that Super-Regional.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 06-11-2011 at 08:35 PM.

Mississippi State upset Florida 4-3 today to force a Game 3 in that Super-Regional.

Virginia beat UC-Irvine 6-0 today to take Game 1 of that Super-Regional.

Texas A&M upset Florida State 6-2 today in Game 1 of that Super-Regional.

South Carolina took care of Connecticut 5-1 in Game 1 of their Super-Regional.

North Carolina beat Stanford 7-5 in Game 2 of their Super-Regional today to become the first team to claim a World Series spot in Omaha.

Texas upset Arizona State 5-1 today to send their Super-Regional to a deciding Game 3 tomorrow.

California dominated Dallas Baptist 7-0 in Game 1 today of their Super-Regional.
    I'm quoting and updating the scores since the edit option is off.

I'm quoting and updating the scores since the edit option is off.
    You didn't stay logged on long enough for the late game, eh?

You didn't stay logged on long enough for the late game, eh?
    My girlfriend (OSU grad) came by and there was no sense in prolonging the misery as it was about 7-2 at the time. We watched something much more entertaining.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Teams through to the CWS:

California (beat Dallas Baptist 7-0, 6-2)
    South Carolina (beat Connecticut 5-1, 8-2)
    Florida (beat Mississippi State 11-1, 3-4, 8-6)
    Texas (beat Arizona State 1-3, 5-1, 4-2)
    Vanderbilt (beat Oregon State 11-1, 9-3)
    North Carolina (beat Stanford 5-2, 7-5)

Series tied up yesterday:

UC-Irvine 6, Virginia 4, deciding game today at 4 p.m.
    Florida State 23, Texas A&M 9, deciding game today at 7 p.m.
    For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible

Turn Off Ads?