Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: West Coast games--viewing habits?

West Coast games--viewing habits?

Stay up and just accept being tired the next day, do the responsible thing (go to bed at a reasonable hour, maybe watch part of it), or tivo/dvr for the next day?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: West Coast games--viewing habits?

I always plan on staying up to watch the entire game, but I usually fall sleep during a commercial around the sixth or seventh inning.

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

I don't start watching the game if I can't afford to stay awake for the entire thing, 'cause I've tried turning it off and usually end up with one eye on it until the end anyhow.

Stay up for the whole thing unless the lead becomes 5+ runs one way or the other. I've accepted being tired the next day and just look foward to my early-evening nap in which I wake up just in time for game 2

Ryanballa

I am ready for some late night baseball I never miss a Reds game boyssssssss

I work second shift and get home about 12:30am so I love west coast games.

Unless they figure out a way to get games back to the two hours of length that they should be, every game should be dvr'd/tivo'd. Or, what I like to do, just don't start watching the game until an hour after it's started and then blow through the commercials and nonsense like the batters stepping out of the box and grabbing every piece of their body between pitches like some crank-addict who's tweaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanballa View Post
    I am ready for some late night baseball I never miss a Reds game boyssssssss
    Don't let it effect your studies. (There's nothing wrong with getting an A+ in every subject.)

Welcome, and I hope you see another win tonight.

It's Skyline time!

Thankfully I don't have class until 2 tomorrow, so the late start won't affect me tonight.

Have to be up at 530 am Wednesday morning though, so tomorrow could be a different story.
    University of Kentucky Class of 2014

Gotta stay up and watch the games, no doubt about it

I just start watching the game and then 'see what happens'.

Some nights I'll see it to the end (usually if the Reds are up) and other nights I'll fall asleep - the worst thing you can do is call it a day after say 5 innings, go to bed & then stay awake for an hour!

Man - Volquez hit that 47 bang-on for a walk. Not a good way to start the game...

Well it's midnight & still going strong. After the (usual???) bad 1st innings it's been a good game so far. I sense a victory :-)

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    I work second shift and get home about 12:30am so I love west coast games.
    Yep, me too, although I get home around 11:30. I usually follow the games on the MLB at Bat app while I'm working and then watch the Condensed Game when it's posted later. I used to try and DVR the games but for some reason the HD feed for FSN is often glitchy on my cable and it's unwatchable about half the time so I never know whether or not to DVR the SD or HD feed.

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

I turn on the game and pour myself a drink. I almost always fall asleep before the end of the game, and last night only made it into the second. I guess I missed a good one.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

DVR. I just finished last night's game!

Turn Off Ads?