Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Old fan, new member

Old fan, new member

I grew up in North Jersey, but have been a Reds fan since I started playing whiffle ball and stick ball. I was always the Reds and my friend was the Cards. I can't explain why I liked the Reds other than their great uniforms, they had class the way they played the game, and they mashed the ball.

I didn't know this board existed until recently so I'm glad I found it. In today's world of instant communications, you don't have to live in proximity of a team to follow them closely and so Al Gore I say to you... thanks for inventing the internet. And thanks to John Fay for his twitter tweets.

Now it's time to go catch up on the Reds-Padres.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Re: Old fan, new member

Welcome. We love old geezers around here.

Especially Reds fans.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Simon my gut says we are fortunate to have ya! Welcome aboard.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Welcome. We love old geezers around here.

Especially Reds fans.

Old geezers have alot of great old memories. It's just that sometimes they run together and we remember Griffey making a great catch on Lou Gehrig.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Simon my gut says we are fortunate to have ya! Welcome aboard.
    Tell your gut I appreciate how it's feeling, Mario. And thanks.

Welcome aboard!

Legends Never Die

Welcome Aboard Simon glad you found us!
    "Baseball is a simple game. If you have good players and if you keep them in the right frame of mind then the manager is a success."- Sparky Anderson

If anyone could make me a real signature that would be awesome I am not great with photoshop.

Turn Off Ads?