Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brandon Phillips

Brandon Phillips

best 2nd basemen in baseball? don't bring up just offensive stats either because Bphil brings so much more with his glove (i highly doubt any other 2b makes that play last night) and his ability to steal bases.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Brandon Phillips

One of the best, got to give him top 3 bragging rights, and is off to a nice start, maybe we will see a gold glove and a silver slugger this year. It's nice to see him setting the table for one Joey Votto. This team reminds me a little of the 1990 team, lots of spark and never give up in their game, very interesting to watch and root for!!
    Bowled 12, 300 games, I'm BACK!!

Bowling a 300 game never gets old

Right now his OPS is .940

He's having a fantastic start to the 2011 season.

only person i think compares is Cano, no other 2nd baseman is the complete package

It's Skyline time!

I love BP. He plays the game hard, and you can really tell he leaves it all out there on the field. I know he's been ragged in the past for his hustle, but you can tell he just enjoys playing the game.

Right now I'd say he's top 3 2B in the league. He can do everything. I'd love to see him back into the 30/30 club, but I don't think that's going to happen. But he's still reaching base at a great clip and his glovework is phenomenal.
    University of Kentucky Class of 2014

On top of being a great player he is one of the most fan friendly players in the league.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

A true "game-saving' play last night. Hats off.

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

best in the national league. hats off to BP

Kneel before Zod Cant Touch This's Avatar

I haven't watched Cano enough to form an opinion. It's easy to look up some stats to make a judgment on his offense, but how does he compare defensively to Phillips? I'm not looking for a statistical response - just an eye test.
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

When he's healthy he's a heck of a ball player and you can count on his gold glove defense night in and night out. I'm not sure which way the organization will go, but to me it seems like he'd be impossible to replace. I'd like to see him wearing a Reds uni for many more years.

And like someone else mentioned, he's great with the fans.

I'd like to see BPeezy in a Reds uniform for the rest of his career. (He's even said the same thing) It just seems like he LOVES this city and the fans. And the dude can pick at 2nd better than anyone else in the NL. He puts fans in the seats, and interacts with them daily on Twitter and in person. He reminds me of Sean Casey, the way he is with the fans. GREAT addition to the team.
    Let's make some noise!

The play BP made last night was the most incredible play I've seen in years. Watch the replay...bare hand, up the middle, making a perfect throw with enough on it to get him at first...remarkable! If you have ever played middle infield you know how difficult it is to throw the opposite direction that your momemtum is taking you. The fact that the game was on the line with that play makes it even more incredible. I may be biased, but IMO he's the best in either league right now all around. Very glad he's playing for the good guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean_CaseyRules View Post
    I'd like to see BPeezy in a Reds uniform for the rest of his career.
    BPeezy? Really? Never heard that one. lol

Kneel before Zod Cant Touch This's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HitByPitch View Post
    The play BP made last night was the most incredible play I've seen in years. Watch the replay...bare hand, up the middle, making a perfect throw with enough on it to get him at first...remarkable! If you have ever played middle infield you know how difficult it is to throw the opposite direction that your momemtum is taking you. The fact that the game was on the line with that play makes it even more incredible. I may be biased, but IMO he's the best in either league right now all around. Very glad he's playing for the good guys.
    I can honestly say it is one of the best plays I've ever seen made by a second baseman. I played that position for many, many years from little league to amateur ball and there is no harder throw to make than that one. Not only did he have some mustard on it, but the throw was right on target. All of that after he bare-handed a not-all-that-softly-hit ground ball cleanly. Amazing.

And BPeezy is a moniker that needs to die an instant, very painful death. Sorry Sean_Casey_Rules!
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

Cano is probably a better hitter, but BP runs circles around him defensively. I guess you can argue that Cano has more power and hits for a better avg so that offsets BP's defensive superiority, but if you are a Reds' fan .... just ignore the argument. Ya gotta love BP.

Turn Off Ads?