Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Hanigan

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Re: Ryan Hanigan

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    No - they were actually talking about someone Brantley played with. Not Hanigan.
    A "Hall of Fame" catcher, who then Brantley admitted, isn't going to make the Hall. Anyone want to guess?
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    A "Hall of Fame" catcher, who then Brantley admitted, isn't going to make the Hall. Anyone want to guess?
    I was thinking Pudge but didn't know if Brantly ever threw to him.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I was thinking Pudge but didn't know if Brantly ever threw to him.
    He did for a whole 21 innings.

And Pudge likely gets in

Did Rafael Palmerio catch in college? They were likely at MSU at the same time for at least a season or two. Would fit in w/ the Hall of famer, who wasn't a hall of famer.

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Nevermind. I swore Brantley pitched for the Dodgers at some point...

Maybe Mike Lieberthal?
    Last edited by Red Leader; 04-13-2011 at 09:50 PM.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Benito Santiago also played on some of the same teams as Brantley. Is he a possible HOF?

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

I'd say Pudge is the only possible hall of fame catcher to have ever caught Brantley.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post

And Pudge likely gets in

Likely gets in? If you hear some reporters and players...he was a better defensive catcher than Bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Likely gets in? If you hear some reporters and players...he was a better defensive catcher than Bench.
    I would rank Pudge as the fifth best catcher of all time after Bench, Berra, Carter and Fisk.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I would rank Pudge as the fifth best catcher of all time after Bench, Berra, Carter and Fisk.
    He was very good to great...I just would get a little upset (I guess as a Reds fan you would) that some reporters and players thought he was the best ever.

I think Fisk....even if he is annoying with his WE won the WS 3 games to 4 garbage....is underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Thom and Brantley were bagging on someone in the middle innings about not working with pitchers well. I was only half listening but it seemed to me they were talking about Hanigan without actually referring to him.
    Why would you take anything Brantley ever said seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    No - they were actually talking about someone Brantley played with. Not Hanigan.
    The guy who didn't know what a backdoor slider was?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    He's got some PED issues or else he'd be an obvious lock.

And Pudge likely gets in
    I think it was Pudge. I think that the tail end of Brantly's career would have coincided with the beginning of Pudge's career. It didn't sound like Brantly had worked much with this catcher only a few times.

As for Pudge he should get it if it weren't for those pesky PED's. That cloud will hang over him during his HOF candidacy.

And Pudge likely gets in
    I don't really see how he doesn't get in.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Turn Off Ads?