Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Rain delay policy

Rain delay policy

I was watching Frank Marzullo and his weather report this morning with my wife and she asked me, "what happens to our tickets if a game is rained out?". Well, I babbled around about double headers and make up games and she stopped me and said "yes, but our tickets, do we get to see the game?". So I went to the Reds site and well I still do not have a good answer for her. If the Fri. game gets rained out what happens for those who have tickets to the game? Thanks for the info.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Rain delay policy

I know at Kansas City, they gve us avoucher for future tickets, but the seats for the doubleheader the next day that they gave us were far worse than the ones we had the night before. I know it's not Cincinnati, but the rules for the Reds probably are close to these.

Friday night is the first night for our season ticket package, so I'm holding out hope we'll get the game in.

Very slim hope.

Hope I don't have to find out - I am planning on going tomorrow also. I think the voucher thing is right. I remember going to the final Friday game at Cinergy Field and the game was rained out. I could not go to any of the other games and received a voucher for a game the next season.

I think they used to call it a rain check - and the info was on the back of the tickets.

They'll take care of you.

I found the info on reds.com under the A-Z Ballpark Information.

Rain Check Policies - In the event a regulation home game is not played, your rain check may be exchanged, subject to availability, at the main ticket office for a ticket to any subsequent regular-season home game during the current season. Any such exchange must be made through the main ticket office. Note that all paid Season Suite and Season Diamond, and Cincinnati Bell Technology Pavilion Seat Holders should follow the rain check instructions located on the back of their ticket. A rain check of a complimentary ticket (face value of $0.00) is not a valid rain check.

I'm planning on taking my boys down too.

From what I remember, if you have a $20 ticket to a rained out game you can take it to the box office and exchange it for $20 worth of tickets to any other game. It baiscally works like a gift certificate, so if you have really expensive tickets you can exchange them for more seats in a less expensive section, or apply less expensive tickets to the cost of better seats and pay the difference.
    Sto Pro Veritate

I'm planning on taking my boys down too.

From what I remember, if you have a $20 ticket to a rained out game you can take it to the box office and exchange it for $20 worth of tickets to any other game. It baiscally works like a gift certificate, so if you have really expensive tickets you can exchange them for more seats in a less expensive section, or apply less expensive tickets to the cost of better seats and pay the difference.
    Sto Pro Veritate

Turn Off Ads?