Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Why is Joey Votto dogging it?

Why is Joey Votto dogging it?

Last night, he thought he hit a HR and ended up with a double. It could've possibly ended in a triple. THere was another AB last week where he ended up walking out of the box thinking it was a HR as well. Why can't Joey Votto end up playing the game as hard as Pete Rose? Why doesn't Dusty bench him for not hustling?

Last edited by Todd Gack; 04-14-2011 at 08:59 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Why is Joey Votto dogging it?

I laugh at the little troll man trying to infiltrate and spark controversy. Go back to the Cardinal nest you crawled out of this morning...

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Atl View Post

I laugh at the little troll man trying to infiltrate and spark controversy. Go back to the Cardinal nest you crawled out of this morning...
    I think he was being sarcastic, making fun of how most Reds fans have trashed Brandon Phillips over the years for the exact same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by signalhome View Post
    I think he was being sarcastic, making fun of how most Reds fans have trashed Brandon Phillips over the years for the exact same thing.
    And BINGO was his name-o.

Crickets are chirping in the ORG.

FWIW, I don't care that either do it at times. Hustle is overrated in most sports. I just find the double standard between the two situations rather amusing.

Ah...got it. Though when Brandon doesn't hustle, it was a little more obvious. At least I didn't really notice Votto "dogging it" on that double.

I think BP is going to have an amazing year this year. Finally batting where he should be. Could he do a 30-30-30?

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Votto is the man. He gets out of bed and runs to the bathroom to brush his teeth. He doesn't eat fast food because it's too slow. And he doesn't talk to knuckleballers because they can't challenge him with speed. If Votto had a favorite past Red it would be Deion Sanders. If it appeared he didn't hustle it's because your eyes are too fast, not that Votto is too slow.

The only thing I'll say is that I think there's a difference between getting out of the box slow because you think you've hit a home run and not runing out a ground ball.

In the first case, you made a mistake thinking it was gone and started your trot. In the 2nd, you KNOW it's a grounder and there is a possibility that it could be bobbled and by running you could beat it out.
    Sto Pro Veritate

anyone else think of this thread when Votto should have had the inside the park homer if he would have ran it out today?

It has not been unusual to see Joey watch a long drive, not running hard if at all. This is downright unacceptable.
    Huh? Huh-uh. Oh yeah, uh-huh.

Joey Votto, reaching base every game since the beginning of the 2011 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Last night, he thought he hit a HR and ended up with a double. It could've possibly ended in a triple. THere was another AB last week where he ended up walking out of the box thinking it was a HR as well. Why can't Joey Votto end up playing the game as hard as Pete Rose? Why doesn't Dusty bench him for not hustling?

Not even Stubbs makes that a triple

Turn Off Ads?