Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Web browser question

Re: Web browser question

Ok, in the code they are refusing Chrome and Safari access, IE they have an open door.

MY UX guy says you're likely screwed (he'd like to know your OS age) he said they they have a mixture of dot.net, JS and maybe even sharepoint running on there.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Ok, in the code they are refusing Chrome and Safari access, IE they have an open door.

MY UX guy says you're likely screwed (he'd like to know your OS age) he said they they have a mixture of dot.net, JS and maybe even sharepoint running on there.
    I'm running OS 10.6.6

This site is kind of a mainstay for expedited trucking companies, and compatibility with other browsers has been an issue for years. Even Windows users I know who just don't like using IE are a bit miffed about it. Despite numerous complaints, they don't seem to inclined to make any changes.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    I'm running OS 10.6.6

This site is kind of a mainstay for expedited trucking companies, and compatibility with other browsers has been an issue for years. Even Windows users I know who just don't like using IE are a bit miffed about it. Despite numerous complaints, they don't seem to inclined to make any changes.
    Yeah the code is really targeted to Win users, dot net and a comment out of Chrome and Safari says that even louder. The button issue is a Javascript issue for sure. It's hard to please everyone when you have a Iframe that is dealing up DB info.

But that is some dense code they have there, no wonder folks have an issue across the board.

UX guy here says your OS isn't that old, but you might want to try FF 4

I already have FF 4 and it doesn't work in there either. I might be out of luck. I think I'm going to shop for a larger hard drive.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    It's all JS in the site.

Not Java.

My bad
    Ah...gotcha.

I don't think you can see any sites without JS these days except maybe for Drudge and Craigslist.

Is there Active X going on too?

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Oh crap, they use DotNetNuke... THE WORST Portal system I have ever worked with...which is what we use. Makes me sick thinking about the thing.

I did a bit of playing around with Opera and there is an option there for it to "Mask as Internet Explorer" for certain sites. That seems to be working. It's not so smooth, but at least I'm getting the data.

Turn Off Ads?