Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 2011 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Re: 2011 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

I'm kind of meh on Dalton and hope I'm wrong. Even though I mentioned to stay away from Mallet earlier (Leaf/Anderson comp), I think he has a higher ceiling (with the obvious higher risk).

For those complaining about Green, are you okay with Dalton? I'm the opposite. Love Green, but more like bored with Dalton.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Seahawks WR Golden Tate: "Where will Carlson Palmer go?"

http://twitter.com/#!/ShowtimeTate/s...92785724235776

I'm wondering if the Palmer to the Seahawks rumor posted on the Bengals.com forum a few days ago by a Seahawks fan might have some truth.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Seahawks WR Golden Tate: "Where will Carlson Palmer go?"

http://twitter.com/#!/ShowtimeTate/s...92785724235776

I'm wondering if the Palmer to the Seahawks rumor posted on the Bengals.com forum a few days ago by a Seahawks fan might have some truth.
    I honestly doubt it. From what I recall, a similar rumor was first floated around a couple months ago. Most people around Mike Brown say he will not budge from this one. I tend to agree. Not saying it won't happen, but I'd be suprised if it did.

Mel Kiper Jr. on ESPN just said that so far, he thinks the Bengals have had the most impressive draft of any team.

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    Belichick is a troll, he's just messing with everyone.
    That's what I keep thinking. They drafted Mallet just so they can cut him the 2nd week of camp.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Thrilled with the Bengals draft so far....loved every pick. Hoping we get Ahmad Black today in the 5th round...spend the rest of the picks on either side of the line.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Couple of thoughts so far on the draft.

I am liking the Green pick more and more with each passing day (because there have been so many). The biggest thing that this offense has been lacking over the past year and a half is a deep threat to take a safety over the top. Green looks to have the potential to do that.

I liked the Dalton pick but I don't know why. It may be because Gruden loved him so much. It may be because he was rising up draft boards. I think his game fits the new NFL in that he has the agility to escape the pocket. For some reason I keep thinking Trent Dilfer type of player. A game manager who when put in the right situation will win but doesn't possess that quality to take the team on his shoulders.

As for Moch I really don't know. I thought there was a lot of value still out there. He may be the perfect Bengals type pick. A guy who has outstanding measureables but will be converting to a new position. I also don't like drafting a guy projected as a situational player in the 3rd round. IMO there were more pressing needs, S, CB, OL, RB, etc. than drafting a LB/DE/Pass rusher in the 3rd round.

I am hopeful they can land a guy like Chekwa who could bolster their secondary. Other than that they need to draft OL and at least one RB.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Thrilled with the Bengals draft so far....loved every pick. Hoping we get Ahmad Black today in the 5th round...spend the rest of the picks on either side of the line.
    Lacks prototypical size and bulk for the position and top-end speed is below average as well.
    These are my concerns with this guy. Not big enough for SS and not fast enough for either Safety position IMO. I think we need a potential answer at Strong Safety and the 2 guys I like are Joe Lefeged (4th or 5th) of Syracuse & Robert Sands (5th or 6th) of WV. Beyond those 2 not a big fan of anyone else, lots of slow stiff types or thugs.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Bengals fourth round pick is Georgia OL Clint Boling, this is a guy I wanted bad. Great player, with loads of experience from the SEC. Good pick, I am really liking this draft.

Bengals keep the tradition of drafting multiple players from the same school going as well. Cuts down on scouting costs
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I really like the Boling pick. Here is a scouting report on Boling:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profil...ing?id=2495123

Bengals picked S Robert Sands in the 5th

With this pick Dave Lapham's prediction was right on.

He said Green
    He said QB at 2
    He said they were targeting an OLB, and a S.

What is the knock on Sands? I keep seeing nice reports on him, but admittedly I haven't paid close attention to West Virginia Football. He looks like a Strong Safety, is that why he fell? Because he is scheme specific?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I would like to see a running back snared sometime soon. I still love John Clay. Give me a battering ram.

Been very pleased with the Bengals 2010 and 2011 drafts. Really excited to see Green in action he looks very smooth and while Dalton doesn't have measureables the kid is fiery which I think well go over well in Bengal land.

Hopefully the Bengals can find a late round gem, love the 4th and 5th round guys!
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Turn Off Ads?