Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

Re: 2011 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

I think Jake Locker is the best Qb in the draft by a wide margin. I like that pick a lot.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The Jaguars have traded up for Blaine Gabbert
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Christian Ponder goes to Minnesota. Already 4 QBs taken in the first 12 picks

The more I think about it, I kinda wonder if trading down would have made much sense.

We needed a top wideout, we got it.

By trading down, we would have went all the way to 27. That late, Randall Cobb is probably the player I would have targeted, and he would have been gone.

Any first rounder next year from Atlanta is likely going to be in the late 20's again. They are going to be a playoff team. This isn't like the Patriots trading Seymour to the Raiders (although that wasn't that bad).

An extra second rounder would have been nice to maybe take some offensive line help.

I guess this could be the "What might have been"
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Christian Ponder goes to Minnesota. Already 4 QBs taken in the first 12 picks
    Didn't see that one. Andy Dalton will be gone first round as well. At least there will be no one for the Bengals to take in the second.

Nick Fairley to Detroit.

The Lions might have got a steal. Fairley teamed up with Ndamkong Suh is going to be fierce.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Didn't see that one. Andy Dalton will be gone first round as well. At least there will be no one for the Bengals to take in the second.
    Unless they take Mallett. It's actually a good thing if the Bengals don't take a QB with their next pick. Long-term, these guys aren't the answer.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Steelers won't be able to get Mike Pouncey as the Dolphins just picked him.

Reedy reports Bengals didn't pull the trigger because they would have dropped to far in the first round. I agree love the AJ Green pick for the Bengals. Julio Jones has a case of the drops.

Shocked Locker went to the Titans, didn't see that one anywhere. Double shocked yo gabba, gabba went to Jacksonville.

Fairley is a steal for the Lions, teamed with Suh and Detroit just got scary!
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Reedy reports Bengals didn't pull the trigger because they would have dropped to far in the first round. I agree love the AJ Green pick for the Bengals. Julio Jones has a case of the drops.

Shocked Locker went to the Titans, didn't see that one anywhere. Double shocked yo gabba, gabba went to Jacksonville.

Fairley is a steal for the Lions, teamed with Suh and Detroit just got scary!
    Not at all shocked with Locker going to Tennessee. He is a Kerry Collins clone and when they said he showed up with his hunting dog to tell Sarkisian he was coming back, that pretty much sealed it. Locker will be a hit in Nashville.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Not at all shocked with Locker going to Tennessee. He is a Kerry Collins clone and when they said he showed up with his hunting dog to tell Sarkisian he was coming back, that pretty much sealed it. Locker will be a hit in Nashville.
    Locker may be a great guy with a great dog but he will need to improve his accuracy and his willingness to take punishment.

Browns jump back up to 21 to get Bowers maybe? Nope looks to be Taylor, odd thought Taylor would be there at 27 for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    I think Jake Locker is the best Qb in the draft by a wide margin. I like that pick a lot.
    Same here.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

I'm frustrated a majority of the time with the Bengals 1st round picks, but I like this one.

Well. the Jags went bold. That looming QB shortage finally burst onto the scene. And Gene Smith has to be congratulated on the deal he made. All he gave up was a second round pick to grab the top-rated QB by most draft rankings.

Turn Off Ads?