Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 434

Thread: NBA Playoffs Thread 2011:

  1. #61
    Member NJReds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    5,432

    Re: NBA Playoffs Thread 2011:

    Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    He is going to look great in NY Knick blue and orange
    I don't see it happening. I doubt the Knicks bring back Billups for $14M, and I don't think they want to wait another year for Paul. I don't think they have enough to trade to get him. Of course, this could all be solved if there's a one year work stoppage, but that's far fetched, too. I doubt the NBA would lose a whole season to a stoppage.

    The only way it happens if they find a 1-year, low cost stopgap.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #62
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Bedford, KY
    Posts
    8,992

    Re: NBA Playoffs Thread 2011:

    There are now a ton of decent, low-cost PGs around the league.

    Finding a stop-gap guy for one year won't be hard to do. The problem is selling that to the New York faithful, who are ready to win yesterday.
    "You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
    -- Christy Matthewson
    "Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
    -- Leo Durocher

  4. #63
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    13,453

    Re: NBA Playoffs Thread 2011:

    I see no way that the Spurs can recover and take 3 games to win their series. They looked too old and too deflated last night. The only mystery is whether that series ends in 5 games or 6.

    If there's a lockout next season, there's lots of speculation locally that their last playoff game will be Tim Duncan's last NBA game.

  5. #64
    Member NJReds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    5,432

    Re: NBA Playoffs Thread 2011:

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    There are now a ton of decent, low-cost PGs around the league.

    Finding a stop-gap guy for one year won't be hard to do. The problem is selling that to the New York faithful, who are ready to win yesterday.
    Buzz in the papers here is that they're keeping Billups. His $14 expiring contract could draw interest in a trade. Of course, they'll have no money or tradeable parts left to upgrade the roster if they do resign him for $14. Of couse it may not matter if there is a lockout.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

  6. #65
    Bread Gloves Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,322

    Re: NBA Playoffs Thread 2011:

    I understand why Mcroberts got tossed, but how to the refs look at the replay and not give that horses butt Noah his second tech as well?

  7. #66
    Bread Gloves Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,322

    Re: NBA Playoffs Thread 2011:

    One of these days someone is really going to blast Noah.....and he's probably going to deserve it.

  8. #67
    ZCTRMTP!!!!! texasdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,814

    Re: NBA Playoffs Thread 2011:

    Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    I see no way that the Spurs can recover and take 3 games to win their series. They looked too old and too deflated last night. The only mystery is whether that series ends in 5 games or 6.

    If there's a lockout next season, there's lots of speculation locally that their last playoff game will be Tim Duncan's last NBA game.
    I am not counting the Spurs out quite yet but it is quite and uphill climb. Two of the final three potential games would be at home though.

  9. #68
    ZCTRMTP!!!!! texasdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,814

    Re: NBA Playoffs Thread 2011:

    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I understand why Mcroberts got tossed, but how to the refs look at the replay and not give that horses butt Noah his second tech as well?
    Refs' decisions never cease to amaze me. If looking at replay leads to ridiculous conclusions then more replay is not the answer.

  10. #69
    NL Central champs
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    North Dakota
    Posts
    472

    Re: NBA Playoffs Thread 2011:

    It sure is nice to see my Sixers competing with the Heat, it would be cool if they brought this series back to Philly, they have a good young core in Turner, Holiday, Young, and Williams.

  11. #70
    ZCTRMTP!!!!! texasdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,814

    Re: NBA Playoffs Thread 2011:

    Time to see if those Memphis youngsters can handle a must-win situation. I don't think they go back to San Antonio and win a game seven.

  12. #71
    Member NJReds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    5,432

    Re: NBA Playoffs Thread 2011:

    Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Time to see if those Memphis youngsters can handle a must-win situation. I don't think they go back to San Antonio and win a game seven.
    How do you let SA shoot a three-pointer. I don't understand why coaches don't have their team foul in that situation. Worst case is that you're still leading by a point and you have the ball with one second left.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

  13. #72
    Member NJReds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    5,432

    Re: NBA Playoffs Thread 2011:

    Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    I doubt the Knicks bring back Billups for $14
    Wile E. Coyote ... super genius.

    Hit that one on the nose!

    So Billups is back for $14M and the Knicks are over the cap. Should I guess they'll shuffle the rest of the deck and hope they can come up with something useful.

    Then again, there may not be a season and they'll have a $14M expiring contract to trade.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

  14. #73
    Puffy 3:16 Puffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Panama City Beach
    Posts
    13,771

    Re: NBA Playoffs Thread 2011:

    Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    Wile E. Coyote ... super genius.

    Hit that one on the nose!

    So Billups is back for $14M and the Knicks are over the cap. Should I guess they'll shuffle the rest of the deck and hope they can come up with something useful.

    Then again, there may not be a season and they'll have a $14M expiring contract to trade.
    Well, its only a one year deal and they have contracts they can buy out to get back under the cap (Balkman, Jeffries and one other player). There's talk that Chandler wants to come back and the Knicks want him back so I could see a 4.5 mid level exception going to him and then a long term deal later. The good thing is he wants to come back and will take less to do so freeing up cap space in process.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

    "It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

  15. #74
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    13,453

    Re: NBA Playoffs Thread 2011:

    Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Time to see if those Memphis youngsters can handle a must-win situation. I don't think they go back to San Antonio and win a game seven.
    It looked to me like Memphis was in control through pretty much all of regulation in Game 5. Hollins got outcoached in the final minute and his team wasn't able to regain any momentum in overtime.

    Still not optimistic about Game 6. Manu's not 100%. Duncan is no match for Randolph inside. Tony Parker just isn't hitting his shots in this series and worse than that, the very good Memphis defense is causing him to make turnovers. The Spurs can't seem to count on their Big Three to take control of a game with the game Memphis is bringing.
    Last edited by Unassisted; 04-28-2011 at 12:13 PM.

  16. #75
    ZCTRMTP!!!!! texasdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,814

    Re: NBA Playoffs Thread 2011:

    Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    It looked to me like Memphis was in control through pretty much all of regulation in Game 5. Hollins got outcoached in the final minute and his team wasn't able to regain any momentum in overtime.

    Still not optimistic about Game 6. Manu's not 100%. Duncan is no match for Randolph inside. Tony Parker just isn't hitting his shots in this series and worse than that, the very good Memphis defense is causing him to make turnovers. The Spurs can't seem to count on their Big Three to take control of a game with the game Memphis is bringing.
    Can one shot turn a series around? The Spurs were eliminated for all intents and purposes. Memphis still has the upper hand but if they lose game six they lose game seven, IMO.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25