Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cincy locals - how's the weather looking?

Cincy locals - how's the weather looking?

I was hoping to bring my boys down to the game tonight with the vouchers we got from RedsFest, but I don't want to drive two hours to sit in the rain and have a best case senario of seing 4 or 5 innings before we have to leave because it's getting so late due to rain delays.

What are the prospects of getting tonight's game in at a reasonable time, if at all?
    Sto Pro Veritate

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cincy locals - how's the weather looking?

I doubt there will be a game tonight. Weather.com's forecast lists like a 80% chance of rain beginning at 4 PM and continuing throughout the night. There probably won't be a game tomorrow afternoon either!

Anyone know how many rainouts there have been in GABP history? I want to say 4 but I'm not sure.

WeatherBug has the forecast as 100% chance of rain basically all night. What is the policy/procedure for getting tonight's tickets exchanged if/when it is a rain out ?

Quote Originally Posted by dusttones View Post
    WeatherBug has the forecast as 100% chance of rain basically all night. What is the policy/procedure for getting tonight's tickets exchanged if/when it is a rain out ?
    From what I remember, if you have a ticket for a rained out game it bascially becomes a gift certificate for the face value at the ticket window. If you have a $40 ticket, you can exchange it for another one, or two $20 tickets, or whatever.

Unfortunately the vouchers we have are not "tickets", so unless I actually drive down and get a ticket I won't get a raincheck. I'm not sure I'd get one either way, actually.
    Sto Pro Veritate

Quote Originally Posted by Girevik View Post
    Unfortunately the vouchers we have are not "tickets", so unless I actually drive down and get a ticket I won't get a raincheck. I'm not sure I'd get one either way, actually.
    Redsfest voucher?

I have five tickets to tonight's game...three RF vouchers (I've already traded them in for actual tickets, though), and two season tickets. We were planning on a big family outing, but it's looking a little soggy right now.
    Last edited by KYRedLeg; 04-15-2011 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KYRedLeg View Post
    Redsfest voucher?
    Yeah, from Redsfest. Right now I'd doubting I want to make the drive down from Columbus just to sit in the rain. My son will be bummed out though (fortunately we never told my youngest we were planning on going).

If someone in the area finds that the outlook changes, can you please let us know? I'm keeing my eye on weather.com, but that only tells so much.
    Sto Pro Veritate

Kneel before Zod Cant Touch This's Avatar

I'm coming to cincy from Michigan this weekend for another reason, but I'm planning on taking my son to Sunday's game - the only one of the weekend that looks dry. What are the chances of a doubleheader on Sunday?
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

I'd say unlikely, because teams don't seem to like to shedule them, but possible - especially if both tonight and tomrrow are washouts. I'd have to check and see when the Pirates are in town next. If they both have an off day either right before or right after that series, I'd guess they make it up then.

Any more, though, when they do double headers they do day-night jobs where you have to have a separate ticket to each game.
    Sto Pro Veritate

WKRC said they were worried about flooding tonight. I would guess that the game gets postponed until a later date

At this point, I kinda hope they call it early, rather than waiting until game time, doing a delay, and then calling it.

It's Skyline time!

Another off day wouldn't be bad for us honestly. Let the pen rest up, and another day of rest for Bruce, and BP.
    University of Kentucky Class of 2014

Tell that to my 10 year old who had his heart set on his first Reds game of the year.
    Sto Pro Veritate

Quote Originally Posted by Cant Touch This View Post
    I'm coming to cincy from Michigan this weekend for another reason, but I'm planning on taking my son to Sunday's game - the only one of the weekend that looks dry. What are the chances of a doubleheader on Sunday?
    They might. Pittsburgh only comes back to Cincinnati for two games in May but that is a mid week deal which would make it tougher to schedule a DH.

getting nasty now

I'm sure they will drag a rain delay on so people will come in and buy beer

Turn Off Ads?