Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Its a Long Season but...

Its a Long Season but...

I hate losing with all of my soul, it sucks, last year really spoiled me with this team. I really think our record should be 10-3 right now, we should have won the D-Backs game and the last game against the Astros (stupid Masset, Gomes, and Bruce!).

Being only 3 over .500 is starting to worry me, is the team really overrated and was last year a fluke? I say no to both questions but when you lose the home opener at home to the worst team in MLB with your best SP on the mound your head begins to play games with you. Heres to hoping to win the next 3 to take this series.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Its a Long Season but...

Take deep breaths, you are right. It is a long season, and honestly, to me that's a major appeal about the sport. They play so many games it is hard for me to ever get hung up on a loss. Granted, I want then to win everygame, but even last year, near the end of the season, losses hurt, but if the Cards lost that same night then all was forgiven.

Now, are we a fluke? I'd half to say no, this team was a year ahead of themselves last year and I have full faith in the orginization that they will do what it takes to seize the window of opportunity that is the next few years

Still if losing hurts badly for you everytime, maybe a few cold ones will take the edge off?
    Hey Homer! If you can put it together, you'll put the Reds over the top....think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    Being only 3 over .500 is starting to worry me, is the team really overrated and was last year a fluke? I say no to both questions but when you lose the home opener at home to the worst team in MLB with your best SP on the mound your head begins to play games with you. Heres to hoping to win the next 3 to take this series.
    Bronson had an off night...it happens...you can't expect him to be great every time he takes the mound
    YouTube - Louie G - The Deal - FULL (Jay Bruce/Reds Anthem)
    ^^ Jay Bruce Theme Song

2009 Reds Attendance Record 2-1
    2010 Reds Attendance Record 2-2 ***Attended NLDS Game 3***
    2011 Reds Attendance Record 1-0

I hate losing with all of my soul, it sucks, last year really spoiled me with this team. I really think our record should be 10-3 right now, we should have won the D-Backs game and the last game against the Astros (stupid Masset, Gomes, and Bruce!).

Hate to break it to you but the Reds are going to lose 60-70 more times this season.

But in the end it they will lose less than the rest of the NL Central.

Looooooooooooooooooong way to go.

I hate losing with all of my soul, it sucks, last year really spoiled me with this team.
    Last season their winning percentage was .562
    This season their winning percentage is .615

The are winning more this season than last

real baseball - No DH

It's tough for some people not to get wrapped up in every game as if it is the most important of the season. When they look good, all is right in the world; when they don't the world is coming to an end. Imagine how a bipolar fan feels ... talk about highs and lows. But fortunately there is a game every day, there are people to celebrate and commiserate with, and the sun always comes up tomorrow. (I'm such a plagiarist.)

Fear not fellow sufferer. The Reds have talent and they will contend. It could be worse...you could be a Pirate fan. Oops, scratch that ... you could be a Seattle fan.

"Kids are always chasing rainbows, but baseball is a world where you can catch them." ~
    Johnny Vander Meer

Just so everyone knows according to ESPN.com Gomes is currently as of today projected to hit 58 hrs and drive in 150 rbis! How awesome would that be!?

last nights game sucked but it didn't sting like the losses out west because it was really never a game that they looked like they could win. In any event and like you I get worried because it's in my Reds fan blood so I feel your concern. I'm going to try to not let myself get bent out of shape until atleast the summer, but it's very hard not too.. Being up by 9 today helps ease my pain though

Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    last nights game sucked but it didn't sting like the losses out west because it was really never a game that they looked like they could win. In any event and like you I get worried because it's in my Reds fan blood so I feel your concern. I'm going to try to not let myself get bent out of shape until atleast the summer, but it's very hard not too.. Being up by 9 today helps ease my pain though
    I'm glad someone knows where I'm coming from. Most people are like dude take a step back from the ledge, but to me it just shows your dedication and loyalty to a team that you want to see succeed so bad!

Last year, considering we hadn't won in a long time, I treated every loss as "oh boy, the REAL Reds are returning!" I admit to being a bit cynical, but I hadn't seen a winning team since my childhood.

Also, when you also root for the Bengals and Blue Jackets, it's hard not to be a BIT cynical

As for the losses this year, I wasn't mad at all about the Houston loss. I was happy with the homestand. The first loss of the Arizona series I figured "eh, blowouts happen sometimes," but I was pretty disappointed with the last 2 losses.

i wish our offense was more consistent. It's either we get 7 or more runs or 2 or blanked. very frustrating

We're on a pace of winning that's unreasonable to expect to be sustained.

With a record of .500 on the road and .750 at home, that's just too good to last all year. We'd finish with 102 wins if we did that.

Maintaining a .500 record on the road would be good, but I'll take .600 at home. That would give us 41 Road Wins and 49 Home wins for a 90-72 record, which should win the Division.

real baseball - No DH

Baseball is so unpredictable. Other than NYY, Boston, and maybe Philly, big payroll doesn't guarantee being in contention. In any given year, any team can improve or deteriorate compared to the prior season. And that's part of what makes being a baseball fan so much fun. Living and dying with the successes and failures of your team is ingrained in the psyche of the true fan.

Over the course of a season you sweat, grind, become elated and beaten up, ignore the goings on occasionally, but you still care deeply for your team. There's nothing like being emotionally involved every day for 6 months and once in awhile hit the jackpot and make the playoffs when there was only a glimmer of hope in February/March.

So what's going thru my feeble mind right now? ... Friday was ugly, Saturday was awesome, can't wait for Sunday to see Jay go 3 for 4.

"Kids are always chasing rainbows, but baseball is a world where you can catch them." ~
    Johnny Vander Meer

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I hate losing the games you should have won. I count 3 we gave away so far. Players didn't get it done, and Dusty made some questionable moves also.

Frustrating.

Sure, I'm happy we're winning the division. But I want to win it soundly.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

we should have won the D-Backs game and the last game against the Astros
    I'm a big believer that things like this balance out over a long year. In all honesty, we "should have" lost on opening day (a 2-out walk off come from behind homer?? -- I'm sure the Brewers count that as a "should have won") -- so there's at least 1 to balance out those 2, and I'm sure more are coming.

Turn Off Ads?