Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm not sold on this team right now......

Re: I'm not sold on this team right now......

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    I can stomach the last few laps or a wreck, other then that, not really. Oddly, I have been to a ton of races across the country, but have fallen asleep more then watched. Love the pre-race festivities and culture behind it all, and do respect what the drivers are doing and how hard it really is, but the event itself bores the heck out of me, worse then tennis or golf on tv.
    I always found it funny that NASCAR is a sport in which the most exciting part of the event comes when someone makes a huge error. (a wreck). That would be like if the most exciting thing in a baseball game was to see someone ground into a double play haha.

But staying on the topic, I think that this team will be fine. Do you all remember how we started last season? No you say? Oh that's right, it's all about where you FINISH.

Oh and my advice for going to the ballpark... Enjoy America's Pasttime with friends, some 8 dollar brews, and a cheese coney. Nothing better. A reds win is just the cherry on top of an always excellent day at GABP.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    This team needs a Solid Bull Pen arm.

This team needs a Bonaifde Right Handed Power Hitter to take Rolens Clean Up slot in the lineup and allow Rolen to move down in order.

It could also use Felix Hernadez for 1B/DH Yonder Alonso, C Devin Mesoraco, LHP Donnie Joseph, IF/OF Todd Frazier, SS Zach Cozart, LHP Matt Maloney
    I think what you are basically saying is that the Reds have alot of good things going for them, but they don't have that superstar starting pitcher, or starting Babe Ruth/Albert Pujols who will make them better than everyone else in the National League. And I agree. The Reds have a very nice team, but they currently are lacking that difference maker that sets them apart from the rest of the NL.

Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I think what you are basically saying is that the Reds have alot of good things going for them, but they don't have that superstar starting pitcher, or starting Babe Ruth/Albert Pujols who will make them better than everyone else in the National League. And I agree. The Reds have a very nice team, but they currently are lacking that difference maker that sets them apart from the rest of the NL.

Sorry.

Are you agreeing with me?

IMO: I think one Big Bat would make all the Hitters better, especially Jay Bruce. Also moving Rolen down to 5/6 in the Batting Order would be Significant.

And having that 1 ACE pitcher to go against the Halladays, Lincecums of the world would be Great... If this team would just spend the Extra Money (20-25 Million) they would go deep in the playoffs and get extra Revenue from that and TV Playoff Money...

The Reds are SOOOOOO Close!

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Are you agreeing with me?

IMO: I think one Big Bat would make all the Hitters better, especially Jay Bruce. Also moving Rolen down to 5/6 in the Batting Order would be Significant.

And having that 1 ACE pitcher to go against the Halladays, Lincecums of the world would be Great... If this team would just spend the Extra Money (20-25 Million) they would go deep in the playoffs and get extra Revenue from that and TV Playoff Money...

The Reds are SOOOOOO Close!
    It would be great to add an 'ACE" problem is there are non available or in our value market price range. Remember the Reds shelled out some serious money this offseason and you are wanting them to sign Votto long term which means eaisly between 20-25 million per season. I know you favor jetting BP, and that 'might' happen but it would not shock me to see them ink him for 12-14 million a year and for 3 years at somepoint in the next few months. BP is loved in this town and the Reds know it. So, it doesn't leave alot of dough available for what is a very limited choice field when it comes to "Aces"....

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    It would be great to add an 'ACE" problem is there are non available or in our value market price range. Remember the Reds shelled out some serious money this offseason and you are wanting them to sign Votto long term which means eaisly between 20-25 million per season. I know you favor jetting BP, and that 'might' happen but it would not shock me to see them ink him for 12-14 million a year and for 3 years at somepoint in the next few months. BP is loved in this town and the Reds know it. So, it doesn't leave alot of dough available for what is a very limited choice field when it comes to "Aces"....
    If this team pays for Phillips at 12-14 million per year for 3 years...

The front office should be shot for not paying Votto 20 Million per year to extend him...

Turn Off Ads?