Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm not sold on this team right now......

Re: I'm not sold on this team right now......

I'm not sold on this team either, yesterday was an indicator of that and a flat out embarassment. I wasted a whole Sunday when I could have been watching the Talladega race, drove 8 hours and spent over 100.00 to watch that mess.

Bases loaded, 1 out, and the LEAGUE MVP, and a gold-glover/All-Star can't drive in 1 run, 1 freakin run. Then when we have the lead the stupid bullpen was outdone by Pittsburgh's, hope they feel good knowing they have lost 2 of 3 to a AAA organization.

2. Turn Off Ads?

@will5979 You realize that a HOF'er will make an out 7 out of 10 times

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Last year at this time we got SWEPT by Pittsburgh.. I'm sure that was the defining moment from last season

Kneel before Zod Cant Touch This's Avatar

Anyone who thinks attending a Reds game is a waste of money should reconsider attending Reds games. Win or lose.
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    I'm not sold on this team either, yesterday was an indicator of that and a flat out embarassment. I wasted a whole Sunday when I could have been watching the Talladega race, drove 8 hours and spent over 100.00 to watch that mess.

That's an interesting perspective. If Stubbs got a base hit to score 2 in the 9th, would that have made the 8 hour drive and $100 a worthwhile endeavor? Just wondering.

"Kids are always chasing rainbows, but baseball is a world where you can catch them." ~
    Johnny Vander Meer

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Rhymon View Post
    That's an interesting perspective. If Stubbs got a base hit to score 2 in the 9th, would that have made the 8 hour drive and $100 a worthwhile endeavor? Just wondering.
    Absolutely cause I only have a good time if Cincy wins, if they don't its a long quite drive home if they lose, along with a day of depression the following day.

Pastor, dad and husband Mr Larkin's Avatar

I'm very excited that my team has been in first place all season.
    The pitching, outside of the first inning with Volq and the 8th with our set up guy, has been outstanding.
    The offense is better than last season and it was the top rated offense last season.
    Pondering injuries is impossible. Every team could do the same - what if Fielder went out for 50 games?
    They have had some very bad luck and are still in first place. The rest of the central is not as talented.
    I am glad they are off to a solid start and I think things will only get better.
    This is a very solid team that has been built to last - gotta love that.
    As for dropping 2 of 3 to Pitt - they have played well. The Pirates, as much as they have been berated over the last decade, have played two very solid games. It happens, which is ok, there are 160 other games to a season.
    Hope they win tonight and that Leake is scared straight. What a dopey move.

Bases loaded, 1 out, and the LEAGUE MVP, and a gold-glover/All-Star can't drive in 1 run, 1 freakin run. Then when we have the lead the stupid bullpen was outdone by Pittsburgh's, hope they feel good knowing they have lost 2 of 3 to a AAA organization.
    Votto has been successful in 54.4% of his plate appearances this year (OBP of .544). That appearance just happened to fall in the 45.6% range. It happens.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

And once again, the Reds stink of GABP. Ridiculous. Nice work Wood.

Your worried about wasting time that you could have spent watching racing ?? Irony?
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    Your worried about wasting time that you could have spent watching racing ?? Irony?
    You're from the Tobacco Belt in NC and don't like Nascar? Irony?

You're from the Tobacco Belt in NC and don't like Nascar? Irony?
    I can stomach the last few laps or a wreck, other then that, not really. Oddly, I have been to a ton of races across the country, but have fallen asleep more then watched. Love the pre-race festivities and culture behind it all, and do respect what the drivers are doing and how hard it really is, but the event itself bores the heck out of me, worse then tennis or golf on tv.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Absolutely cause I only have a good time if Cincy wins, if they don't its a long quite drive home if they lose, along with a day of depression the following day.
    Dang, man that's gotta be stressful. When I go to Reds games I have a great time, no matter what the score is. That's why I love baseball so much. I just love being out there on a nice day, relaxing, and watching my team get out there and play. Nothing better.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    The pitching isn't as good as advertised and there are other teams in the division that appear to be better at it.

Votto isn't getting anything to hit. Bruce, for the most part, isn't hitting. Gomes has been pretty good at the plate, surprisingly. How long will Rolen hold up?

Chapman needs to be sent down and turned into a starter since he can't go multiple days in a row, essentially ending his relief pitching career.

Volquez is a problem. He's going to wear out our bullpen fast.

The sky is falling. The sky is falling.

Actually it isn't, but I see some concerns. The first month is always a look and see what you got month, and then they'll have to make some adjustments to fill weaknesses . Hopefully they do.

This team needs a Solid Bull Pen arm.

This team needs a Bonaifde Right Handed Power Hitter to take Rolens Clean Up slot in the lineup and allow Rolen to move down in order.

It could also use Felix Hernadez for 1B/DH Yonder Alonso, C Devin Mesoraco, LHP Donnie Joseph, IF/OF Todd Frazier, SS Zach Cozart, LHP Matt Maloney

OP might be on to something.

Turn Off Ads?