Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Chapman

Chapman

Isn't it time to get Chapman in the rotation?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Chapman

if things don't improve much when Cueto and Bailey come back....yes

My question is... If he can't go back to back days why pitch him in a blowout?

the Louisville rotation yes, the Reds rotation NOT A CHANCE...

Yes, yes, yes and yes. Our starting pitching is awful. Chapman needs to spend the next 3 weeks in L'ville starting every 5th day in time for a mid-May call up. This needs to happen ASAP.

Whether people think it should or not it absolutely will not happen anytime soon given that Bailey and Cueto are close to returning.

Chapman needs at least 3-4 months in Louisville, not 3-4 starts, he has a long way to go..

Quote Originally Posted by big boy View Post
    Isn't it time to get Chapman in the rotation?
    Not unless you want to send him down for 3 months to get his pitch count up

Quote Originally Posted by bshall2105 View Post
    My question is... If he can't go back to back days why pitch him in a blowout?
    To see if he needed to go on the DL. If he was still throwing 93-96 last night he would be on the DL today

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    To see if he needed to go on the DL. If he was still throwing 93-96 last night he would be on the DL today
    I was curious about this too. Thanks.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

This organization had done a really good job up until now........but lately they seem braindead.

Send Chapman down to become a starter. It's starting to look like he might get an opportunity down the road with the way our starters are pitching. Plus, he can't go consecutive days in relief.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    the Louisville rotation yes, the Reds rotation NOT A CHANCE...

lol again you provide more comedic gold. you are right, they gave him 30 mill w no intentions of putting him in the rotation ever. more like a side show attraction than a real player. please can we meet at a game this summer? i refuse to believe you are real until then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiss the Baby00 View Post
    lol again you provide more comedic gold. you are right, they gave him 30 mill w no intentions of putting him in the rotation ever. more like a side show attraction than a real player. please can we meet at a game this summer? i refuse to believe you are real until then.
    What kind of proof so far has shown you the Reds have any clue what to do with this kid? They first put him at AAA to work on being a starter and that lasted how long and then they moved him to the pen in AAA for a while then called him up to pitch in cincy after the rosters expanded for what reason? Hmmm, to sell tickets because we didn't need him. Now we are in season two of a 6 year deal, he is again back out in the Reds bullpen and as we can see is physically unable to pitch back to back days and now they had to rest him what like 4-5 days? You invested 30 million dollars in this kid. Yes he throws hard, so what, how many pitches does he have, how consistant is he? When signged he was going to be a starter but wow that has now changed. Please, show me any plan with this investment. Please show me how this kid shouldn't be in Louisville this season as a starting pitcher working with the pitching coach down there on devloping a 3rd pitch and some ability to pitch 5-6-7 innings a game every 4th or 5th day. this is a no brainer and not sure why Walt and Dusty don't see it...

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    What kind of proof so far has shown you the Reds have any clue what to do with this kid? They first put him at AAA to work on being a starter and that lasted how long and then they moved him to the pen in AAA for a while then called him up to pitch in cincy after the rosters expanded for what reason? Hmmm, to sell tickets because we didn't need him. Now we are in season two of a 6 year deal, he is again back out in the Reds bullpen and as we can see is physically unable to pitch back to back days and now they had to rest him what like 4-5 days? You invested 30 million dollars in this kid. Yes he throws hard, so what, how many pitches does he have, how consistant is he? When signged he was going to be a starter but wow that has now changed. Please, show me any plan with this investment. Please show me how this kid shouldn't be in Louisville this season as a starting pitcher working with the pitching coach down there on devloping a 3rd pitch and some ability to pitch 5-6-7 innings a game every 4th or 5th day. this is a no brainer and not sure why Walt and Dusty don't see it...
    he pitched 4x in 5 days. thats not quite the same as b2b days. I agree he should be a starter but, A) not happening this year and B) he will be in the cincy rotation when he does start not the Bats.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiss the Baby00 View Post
    he pitched 4x in 5 days. thats not quite the same as b2b days. I agree he should be a starter but, A) not happening this year and B) he will be in the cincy rotation when he does start not the Bats.
    How do you move him from the bullpen to the starting rotation of the Reds? I mean really how? He doens't have a third pitch, he doesn't have the stamina to go the needed 6+ innings and you don't teach that on the major league roster, especially with the depth this organization has right now in it at starting pitcher. Right now we have at least 7-8 better prepared players to be starting pitchers on teh major league team over Chapman. He needs to learn and devlope from a thrower into a pitcher, you don't do that in cincy, you do that in Louisville.

Turn Off Ads?