Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Volquez and our Rotation

Volquez and our Rotation

This is all hypothetically speaking but we all know what were going to get from Lecure, Volquez has some major issues right now so what would be the thoughts of sending him to A ball. IIRC the Indians did this with Carmona and I'm sure it has been done before.

With that said after the return of Cueto and Bailey how does this rotation look:

Arroyo
    Cueto
    Wood
    Bailey
    Lecure

Maloney or Leake as long man

And Volquez sent down to get his head right and get ready to be the pitcher were going to need him to be in the second half and in the post season.

Thoughts??

Again this is all hypothetically speaking.
    YouTube - Louie G - The Deal - FULL (Jay Bruce/Reds Anthem)
    ^^ Jay Bruce Theme Song

2009 Reds Attendance Record 2-1
    2010 Reds Attendance Record 2-2 ***Attended NLDS Game 3***
    2011 Reds Attendance Record 1-0

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Volquez and our Rotation

I don't think it will happen.

Isn't that what the Rangers did to him? I think it included an attitude adjustment. I asked this in another thread: Does he have any options left? He sure isn't helping here. The Reds still have a quantity of pitchers. Just not much quality lately.
    Last edited by Old NDN; 04-20-2011 at 04:14 PM.

Volquez is frustrating because I honestly don't think sending him down would help him. He has the stuff to get away with mistake pitches at triple A. I think we need to put him as the 5th starter as soon as Cueto and Bailey make it back and try and work him through it in the majors. I think he's just coming out amped and is overthrowing, thus the ball gets up in the strike zone and he gets knocked around. Once he settles the ball settles down in the strikezone. It's obviously mental because he throws the same stuff all the time and it's always in the first inning that he gets into trouble. They better have a sports psychologist working with him.

Turn Off Ads?