Turn Off Ads?
Page 53 of 66 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

part of BBN

Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    I'm going to throw this out there, but I don't want to be labled a "hater" because I ain't... Just curious of there's any smoke to this fire...

Heard from a fairly reliable source that UK has actually backed off Muhammed for several reasons, which I could get into. The one that I feel comfortable getting into in public is that the staff thinks one or two guys may come back next year and that could create a bit of a burden on the staff to get them all appropriate PT.

I know that if he wants to come to UK, they'll take him of course, but supposedly he's not priority #1 right now.

Just what I heard.
    There are some things circulating that maybe at least 2 will return. It will be interesting how it plays out in the next few days. Davis kept referring to April 29th but isnt the NBA declare day earlier ?

2. Turn Off Ads?

I sort of believe they'll all go pro. I guess Lamb or Teague would be most likely to stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    A little late to the party, don't ya think.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    There are some things circulating that maybe at least 2 will return. It will be interesting how it plays out in the next few days. Davis kept referring to April 29th but isnt the NBA declare day earlier ?
    They have to declare by the 10th, but they can "pull back" by the 29th, I believe.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    They have to declare by the 10th, but they can "pull back" by the 29th, I believe.
    Gotcha.Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I sort of believe they'll all go pro. I guess Lamb or Teague would be most likely to stick around.
    Teague would have the most to benefit by returning. Lamb could as well but I don't think Lamb will ever improve his game enough. He's a 6'4 SG when most players at that position are 6'6-6'7.

I'd like to see Lamb return and be the starting PG. I think he could do it and likely improve his stock that way:

PG-Lamb
    SG-Muhammad
    SF-Goodwin/Poythress
    PF-Wiltjer
    C-Noel
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

I am starting to hear that Bazz might have some eligibility issues. Anybody else hearing that?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I am starting to hear that Bazz might have some eligibility issues. Anybody else hearing that?
    Buzz seems to have some question marks. But, trusting recruiting news is an awfully dangerous pursuit.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    Buzz seems to have some question marks. But, trusting recruiting news is an awfully dangerous pursuit.
    LOL........I hear ya. But I saw on a couple of boards where the UCLA fans were saying that he hadnt passed the SAT/ACT requirements yet. What if he is ineligible at the D-1 level his freshman year?

Supposedly Oriakhi is meeting with Calipari soon.

He'd have to get an exception from the SEC, which doesn't normall allow transfers with only one year of eligibility.

Also, he's allegedly demanding 30 minutes of PT. Yikes.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Cal will stay at UK if he knows what's good for him. The NBA landscape is littered with the corpses of college coaches who tried to do their thing at the next level.

He's basically a god in Lexington. He better think long and hard before leaving such a sweet gig.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Cal will stay at UK if he knows what's good for him. The NBA landscape is littered with the corpses of college coaches who tried to do their thing at the next level.

He's basically a god in Lexington. He better think long and hard before leaving such a sweet gig.
    Yeah and if he ever leaves...the job opening will not be there later. Just ask Pitino.
    People talk of coaches leaving for a 5 or 7 year NBA contract etc. All it takes is losses or a feud with star player and you hit the door.
    No he wont win a title every year but Cal can recruit and be a Top 10 team year in and year out in Lexington.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    Yeah and if he ever leaves...the job opening will not be there later. Just ask Pitino.
    People talk of coaches leaving for a 5 or 7 year NBA contract etc. All it takes is losses or a feud with star player and you hit the door.
    No he wont win a title every year but Cal can recruit and be a Top 10 team year in and year out in Lexington.
    RealGM.com is a couple days late to the party. Cal's already said hes staying in Lexington.

The Knicks are a prime example of everything you posted though. I would love the idea of Cal coaching Jeremy Lin, but could you imagine him and Carmelo Anthony?

This is a great article from an OSU fan/blogger

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/2012/0...en+Warriors%29

Turn Off Ads?