Turn Off Ads?
Page 49 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    This instance is something else for the Vitale's, Forde's etc to use to bash, as there is only a "handful" of fans as a whole who would riot like this.

27 arrests? I don't think that "only a "handful" " defense is going to play very strongly in prime time.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    College kids acting like drunken idiots is nothing new. Hopefully lawbreakers got arrested.
    I don't disagree. There was a video on YouTube of UK fans out celebrating in Lexington that was rather peaceful. People were honking horns and screaming GO BIG BLUE! and that's the way it should be.

What shouldn't happen is the following:

Overturning police cars
    Overturning news vans
    Vandalism
    Public bonfires (Leave the couch burnings to WVU)

I use WVU as the example because I live in West Virginia, but this could apply to a lot of other schools. The difference is that we've been there before. Seven times to be exact. Granted its been 14 years since winning it all, but there's a lot of truth to that saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    27 arrests? I don't think that "only a "handful" " defense is going to play very strongly in prime time.
    Most on here know what I mean.Talking of # of Wildcat fans across the nation "not" just the Lexington episode but dont plan on arguing with ya on your play on my words.

27 out of several thousands IS, comparatively, a handful.

Of course, there is also the bad behavior which went unpunished, of which there was surely some.

part of BBN

Shabazz Muhammad & Nerlens Noel to announce on April 12th. I hear Noel is a good possibility and Shabazz leaning toward UCLA. You never know though...may get both or may get neither.
    Bennett is a guy I definitely hope signs.
    BTW...I know current team plays tonight so this is only for future reference.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    Shabazz Muhammad & Nerlens Noel to announce on April 12th. I hear Noel is a good possibility and Shabazz leaning toward UCLA. You never know though...may get both or may get neither.
    Bennett is a guy I definitely hope signs.
    BTW...I know current team plays tonight so this is only for future reference.
    Just curious as to what the feeling is as far as how many players UK is gonna lose after the season.

Six, IMO. Wiltjer will come back to start at PF. At PG, Harrow will have a year in the system. That leaves three starting spots for freshmen.

I suspect Noel and Muhamed will sign with UK, and signees Goowin and Poythress will fill out the starting five and slide to the six man role, with C Cauley and G/F Hood rounding out a thin (what's new?) eight-man bench.

Depending on who comes back for other teams, this could be a Cat team that really struggles early, but could be (again, depending on selfishness and ability to play together) a tough out in the tournament.

PG Harrow
    2G Muhamed
    SF Goodwin/ Poythress
    PF Witjer
    C Noel

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Six, IMO. Wiltjer will come back to start at PF. At PG, Harrow will have a year in the system. That leaves three starting spots for freshmen.

I suspect Noel and Muhamed will sign with UK, and signees Goowin and Poythress will fill out the starting five and slide to the six man role, with C Cauley and G/F Hood rounding out a thin (what's new?) eight-man bench.

Depending on who comes back for other teams, this could be a Cat team that really struggles early, but could be (again, depending on selfishness and ability to play together) a tough out in the tournament.

PG Harrow
    2G Muhamed
    SF Goodwin/ Poythress
    PF Witjer
    C Noel
    You hit the nail on the head. I also wouldn't be shocked if they get Anthony Bennett to mix in with Wiltjer. Bennett is undersized but would be more of a defensive presence than Wiltjer and they could move Kyle to SF even in some situations.

My problem with next years team is that there is no veteran leadership. In the Indiana game (Sweet 16), when Kentucky started to play up-tempo and kept pushing at a ridiculous rate, Darius Miller was the calming influence. They won't have that next year.

As of right now, I'd say they are losing five to the draft. Davis is for sure gone. MKG said he was coming back but he is likely a top 5 pick and Cal won't let him turn that down. Jones will likely be a lottery pick. Lamb and Teague will be mid to late first round. Darius Miller will go in the second round and I wouldn't be surprised to see Eloy Vargas get an invite to a NBA camp.

I think the team will be better than people expect, especially once they hit SEC play. I'll hit on this more in the Ohio State thread, but this year is going to be the mass exodus not just for Kentucky, but everybody. Last year the NBA lockout had kids spooked into going back to school (Terrence Jones, Jared Sullinger, Harrison Barnes), but this year with the labor situation settled, its going to be a LOADED NBA draft and a likely bare college basketball scene. I see Kentucky being a top 5 team next year due to parity and nothing else if they get Bazz and Noel.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I'm expecting Harrow to come in pretty advanced next season. He'll essentially be a Junior in terms of experience and has had an extremely long period to play against great talent and learn Cal's system inside and out. I'm sure Cal is going to count on him to assume a leadership role.

His body could actually keep him at UK three years. He would be absolutely unreal by the time he left if this were to transpire.

What do you guys know about Goodwin/Polythress/Cauley? I just watched a youtube mix of them... my initial thoughts:

- All three appeared to be pretty athletic
    - Goodwin/Polythress are good at driving to the hoop
    - I didn't see any shooting. Can they shoot?
    - How good is Cauley projected to be? He didn't look that impressive tbh. He was a foot taller than his opponents which led to some easy baskets, etc. but nothing that stood out to me.

I think we will lose:

Miller (SR; Mid-Late 2nd)
    Vargas (SR; Undrafted)
    Davis (#1 pick)
    Jones (12-16)
    MKG (Top 5 pick)
    Teague (14-18)
    Lamb (18-24)

I'm kinda hoping Lamb comes back for another season.

Goodwin and Poythress can both shoot.

Goodwin will also be our backup PG next year assuming Lamb and Teague go pro. He has GREAT handles and loves to pass the ball.

Cauley is a project but has a very high ceiling, IMO.

part of BBN

It wouldnt surprise me to see Teague and Lamb and maybe even MKG come back if they lose tonight. If they win, I doubt it.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Cauley is a project but has a very high ceiling, IMO.
    Cauley like Wiljter are the kind of guys who could stick around awhile. Poole is another one like this Cal brought in but he flew the coop as the saying goes.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

You guys think Teague is gonna leave? I dont think him or Lamb are ready.

20 more minutes til number 8!

I just hope we can keep it up if Kansas turns it on like they did against tOSU and UNC.

Turn Off Ads?