Turn Off Ads?

Thread: College Football Hall of Fame

College Football Hall of Fame

I must say I was a bit surprised to see my UT Volunteers former head coach Phillip Fulmer will be part of the 2012 College Football Hall of Fame class. If he's really a Hall of Famer, why didn't he get another head coaching gig after being fired?
    Joining Fulmer in the 2012 class were former coaches Jimmy Johnson and R.C. Slocum.

Players selected to the class were Charles Alexander, LSU; Otis Armstrong, Purdue; Steve Bartkowski, California; Hal Bedsole, Southern Cal; Dave Casper, Notre Dame; Ty Detemer, BYU; Tommy Kramer, Rice; Art Monk, Syracuse; Greg Myers, Colorado State; Jonathan Ogden, UCLA; Gabe Rivera, Texas Tech; Mark Simoneau, Kansas State; Scott Thomas, Air Force; John Wooten, Colorado.

The class will be enshrined next summer

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...ws|text|Sports Tennessee Volunteers

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: College Football Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I must say I was a bit surprised to see my UT Volunteers former head coach Phillip Fulmer will be part of the 2012 College Football Hall of Fame class. If he's really a Hall of Famer, why didn't he get another head coaching gig after being fired?

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...ws|text|Sports Tennessee Volunteers
    Well, he's getting inducted with RC Slocum, so the bar is not set tremendously high.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Yea, I don't consider Slocum and Fulmer HOF caliber. Good coaches but not great.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

The bar set by the College Football HOF is about as high as it is for the Reds HOF.

That said, back in 90 my family and I took a vacation to Cincinnati for Reds games and my dad and I went over the the College Football HOF when it was over by Kings Island. Nice place. I wish it were still here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?