Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 984

Thread: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

  1. #16
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    And the labor situation could be added to that mix as well.
    Was going to include that.

    This article is REALLY interesting:

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...8V0F_blog.html

    The short version: Cal has offered to former UK players and even Derrick Rose to come to Kentucky to use the facilities. If any of the players decide to re-enroll at UK, they could take the court against the Cats in practice.

    Imagine the impact on the court and with recruiting. This is a major selling point for the Cats.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

    Not a surprise, Knight staying in the draft.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  4. #18
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,960

    Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

    Can't fault his decision at all. Thanks for getting us back to the FF, BK.

    That shot to beat OSU will live on forever in UK lore...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  5. #19
    Member cumberlandreds's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Sterling VA
    Posts
    9,444

    Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Can't fault his decision at all. Thanks for getting us back to the FF, BK.

    That shot to beat OSU will live on forever in UK lore...
    Don't forget the Princeton shot as well. If hadn't have hit that one they may not have made it to the Ohio State game.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

  6. #20
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Don't forget the Princeton shot as well. If hadn't have hit that one they may not have made it to the Ohio State game.
    Only thing I wish was that Knight would have been fouled on the final possession against UConn. Four point play to end regulation and who knows what happens in overtime.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  7. #21
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,960

    Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

    T. Jones to announce his decision via Twitter tomorrow via Coach Cal twitter... makes you think he's staying... Don't want to get too excited.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  8. #22
    Moderator LexRedsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Greenville, South Carolina
    Posts
    559

    Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

    Jones will be back.

  9. #23
    Moderator LexRedsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Greenville, South Carolina
    Posts
    559

    Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

    Erh, maybe not. Just got some info saying he's leaving. I don't know what to believe anymore.

  10. #24
    Tired of talk. Win! Joseph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Commonwealth
    Posts
    8,384

    Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

    As its often stated, the draft is so often predicated on potential. I think Jones has the most potential of any of our early entries this year, so there could be some team who said they'd take him in the top 15, thats all it takes, one.

    Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

  11. #25
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by LexRedsFan View Post
    Erh, maybe not. Just got some info saying he's leaving. I don't know what to believe anymore.
    Is it Marc Maggard by chance? I don't have TBK anymore but i'd be shocked if he announced it by Twitter that he was leaving. Good way to alienate fans IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  12. #26
    Moderator LexRedsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Greenville, South Carolina
    Posts
    559

    Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Is it Marc Maggard by chance? I don't have TBK anymore but i'd be shocked if he announced it by Twitter that he was leaving. Good way to alienate fans IMO.
    First one was based upon MM. He was (and still is) adamant TJ will be choosing to return. My second post was based upon a guy who lives with some athletes, and is almost always nails saying that TJ is gone.

    At this point I'm torn as to what I think will happen, as much as TJ probably is/was. Like you, I can't see him choosing to announce that he's leaving via Twitter.

  13. #27
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by LexRedsFan View Post
    First one was based upon MM. He was (and still is) adamant TJ will be choosing to return. My second post was based upon a guy who lives with some athletes, and is almost always nails saying that TJ is gone.

    At this point I'm torn as to what I think will happen, as much as TJ probably is/was. Like you, I can't see him choosing to announce that he's leaving via Twitter.
    Go with MM. He's been accurate 95% of the time. I used to subscribe to the premium section to TBK and the only thing I ever remember him being wrong about was Will Barton. He said TJ was coming to Kentucky last year when everybody had him pegged for Washington.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  14. #28
    Moderator LexRedsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Greenville, South Carolina
    Posts
    559

    Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Go with MM. He's been accurate 95% of the time. I used to subscribe to the premium section to TBK and the only thing I ever remember him being wrong about was Will Barton. He said TJ was coming to Kentucky last year when everybody had him pegged for Washington.
    He also was adamant Teague was choosing UK.

  15. #29
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,960

    Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

    Terrence Jones coming back!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  16. #30
    Tired of talk. Win! Joseph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Commonwealth
    Posts
    8,384

    Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Terrence Jones coming back!!!!
    Excellent news.

    Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25