Turn Off Ads?
Page 26 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    For a single team or school, that's the best sports information site I've ever seen, and I've been on the internet a long, long time (since 1994). Jon Scott has done an incredible job accumulating data for that site. For anything UK basketball related, it's the only place you need.
    That is a great site. I refer to it often.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

I tuned it early in the first half and it was 20-5, then told my wife to change the channel. That was enough basketball for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I tuned it early in the first half and it was 20-5, then told my wife to change the channel. That was enough basketball for me...
    So much for us being worried about the game.

I don't see anybody beating UK at Rupp this season. Especially the way they are playing right now. The first half of the SEC schedule has been pretty easy with the weaker teams in the conference. Three of the last four games (at Mississippi State, Vanderbilt, and at Florida) will tell a lot about the team heading into tournament play. Florida next week then Vandy for College Gameday will be huge as well.

I hate seeing how far Tennessee has fallen. It kinda sucks seeing you guys scheduled and over with before we even play the top SEC teams in Florida and Vandy. Usually one of the games was in late February or March.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Both Florida and Vandy have all the requirements to beat Kentucky, no matter where they might play.

1) Both teams have multiple players that can shoot from long distance. (Not just threes, but long threes.) This stretches the defense and allows for easier drives to the hoop, as the middle of the lane gets less clogged with well-balanced shooters. No UK opponent shoots better than Vandy-- or Florida, for that matter. Both have at least three guys on the court at all time that can shoot from 25 for a decent percentage.

2) Both teams have a tough rebounder and scorer underneath that can play physical. The best bet for other teams is still to rough up Davis. Both Florida and Vandy have that guy. They could very well negate Davis' numbers and perhaps get him in foul trouble. Kentucky is a completely different team without Davis-- they are inherently beatable.

3. Both play tight defense, daring you to drive, then play very good help defense in taking charges. Both Donovan and Stalllings like charges, chart them, and focus on them. (Unlike Kentucky, who looks for blocks.) This may get four or give Kentucky players in foul trouble.

IMO, Kentucky is likely to lose at least one more game, perhaps three. (Mississippi State also looks like a team that could beat UK.)

Vanderbilt won't beat UK in Rupp and it will take a huge effort by the Dores to beat them in Memorial. And even then, if it's a close game, the edge will go to UK.

My Dores are pretty much gutless.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Vanderbilt won't beat UK in Rupp and it will take a huge effort by the Dores to beat them in Memorial. And even then, if it's a close game, the edge will go to UK.

My money is on Vandy at home, Kentucky at Rupp.

But if you held a gun to my head and made me pick one team that has the best shot at upsetting Kentucky at home, it's your gutless 'Dores. They always play Calipari teams tough, as they space and shoot well. Too, defensively, they make Kentucky beat them outside.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post

They certainly have the tools to do better than what they've shown so far. Like last night however, trailing Arkansas by around 6-8 with 40 seconds to go and they were taking 10 seconds or more to get a shot off. The announcers were even saying "They're taking too much time."
    Yet there was Stallings with arms crossed standing watching instead of encouraging them to get moving (he was right in front of team also).
    Still, It wouldnt surprise me to see Vandy win the game at Tn.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    They certainly have the tools to do better than what they've shown so far. Like last night however, trailing Arkansas by around 6-8 with 40 seconds to go and they were taking 10 seconds or more to get a shot off. The announcers were even saying "They're taking too much time."
    Yet there was Stallings with arms crossed standing watching instead of encouraging them to get moving (he was right in front of team also).
    Still, It wouldnt surprise me to see Vandy win the game at Tn.
    If Vandy were to get some sort of significant lead (10+), they may be able to sustain it. Maybe. But if it's close, or they have to mount a comeback. Forget it.

See the end of the VU-Miss State game for evidence. 2 last second situations and one of them falls to Brad Tinsley and the other goes to Jenkins and he rushes a shot that he had time to take.

They're talented. But they're gutless. And I think Stallings is kind of weary of them. I'm pretty much weary of them myself.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    So much for us being worried about the game.

I don't see anybody beating UK at Rupp this season. Especially the way they are playing right now. The first half of the SEC schedule has been pretty easy with the weaker teams in the conference. Three of the last four games (at Mississippi State, Vanderbilt, and at Florida) will tell a lot about the team heading into tournament play. Florida next week then Vandy for College Gameday will be huge as well.

I hate seeing how far Tennessee has fallen. It kinda sucks seeing you guys scheduled and over with before we even play the top SEC teams in Florida and Vandy. Usually one of the games was in late February or March.
    I'm amazed Tenn has done as well as it has. They've lost a lot of close games to big teams this year. We all know why they are where they are

So we beat Eww T at football, swept in men's bball, women's bball, badminton, bowling... anything else I'm forgetting?

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    So we beat Eww T at football, swept in men's bball, women's bball, badminton, bowling... anything else I'm forgetting?
    Signed a football recruit today who decommitted from UT...

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    Signed a football recruit today who decommitted from UT...
    Which one?

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

part of BBN

This is the player, Joseph. Feel free to move to football thread if you want.

Khalid Henderson – LB – 6’0 / 213 – Mableton, GA
    There might not be a player that more fans were awaiting a LOI from than Henderson. He’s a talented linebacker with defensive back-like speed. He plays just like Danny Trevathan and could actually pull off the same look if he could grow his dreads out just a little longer. A former Tennessee commitment, Henderson should challenge for playing time at linebacker right away when he arrives in Lexington.
    Last edited by jmac; 02-01-2012 at 10:02 PM.

I'd kill for Jones and Liggins to come back. If all 3 decided to it'd be incredible. It's just a little depressing because of the fact that other schools have been able to return their studs.

Quote Originally Posted by jessica.mike22 View Post

I'd kill for Jones and Liggins to come back. If all 3 decided to it'd be incredible. It's just a little depressing because of the fact that other schools have been able to return their studs.
    Wait, wut?

Turn Off Ads?