Turn Off Ads?
Page 62 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566 LastLast

Thread: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

Do you think Cal will win multiple championships at UK? Hopefully a couple kids from next season stick around because 2013 could be another one of those "go for it" years.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Do you think Cal will win multiple championships at UK? Hopefully a couple kids from next season stick around because 2013 could be another one of those "go for it" years.
    As long as Cal sticks around, yes.

This year coming up I think will be the weakest team Cal has coached. The teams in the past have had youth before, but there has always been senior leadership at some point. This years team doesn't have that luxury.

I see Noel as the only given to go pro after the season. At that point, I think one of Poythress or Bennett (if we get him) would head to the league as well.

Supposedly the Cats are in great with the Harrison twins and possibly Jabari Parker. I think scholarships could be an issue, but talent definitely won't be.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I suspect the NBA and NCAA will "agree" to a two-and-through or 20-year-old limit for draftees.

That will impact Kentucky's recruiting fairly significantly.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    You mentioned this before, but UK and IU agreed since Freedom Hall was being used for something else to have the game be a home and home. The tickets weren't split down the middle, but IU got the chance the year later to make up the difference at Assembly Hall. It's not like UK moved the game to Rupp and then played at the RCA Dome a year later.
    What I am saying is because UK did that, it pissed off the IU admininstration. They played the next year in Bloomington and the neutral site thing hasnt been talked about until now. C.M. Newton wanted the game to be played every year at the Dome in Indy. And it was because of the seating capacity. I just hope they get it resolved, but it sickens me to hear UK fans piss and moan about their treatment at that one game. I was at the Dome in 1987 to watch the Hoosiers and 'Cats go at it. There was a mouthy UK fan to my left and a mouthy IU fan a few seats down on my right. They exchanged barbs. The next thing I know me and my friends are getting dowsed with coke because the UK fan missed his target!!!!!! But hey, that's the way it goes at a rivalry game!!!!!!!

I have always respected UK and their program. I hope that this newer generation of UK fans show IU and their program the same courtesy.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    I suspect the NBA and NCAA will "agree" to a two-and-through or 20-year-old limit for draftees.
    I am really figuring this will come soon. I was hoping it would come before the last group was able to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I have always respected UK and their program. I hope that this newer generation of UK fans show IU and their program the same courtesy.
    you mean the way IU fans treated UK fans in Bloomington this past year??
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    you mean the way IU fans treated UK fans in Bloomington this past year??

How about the way they treated me and my friends 20 years ago? I guess it is a what have you done for me lately world.

What I am saying is because UK did that, it pissed off the IU admininstration. They played the next year in Bloomington and the neutral site thing hasnt been talked about until now. C.M. Newton wanted the game to be played every year at the Dome in Indy. And it was because of the seating capacity. I just hope they get it resolved, but it sickens me to hear UK fans piss and moan about their treatment at that one game. I was at the Dome in 1987 to watch the Hoosiers and 'Cats go at it. There was a mouthy UK fan to my left and a mouthy IU fan a few seats down on my right. They exchanged barbs. The next thing I know me and my friends are getting dowsed with coke because the UK fan missed his target!!!!!! But hey, that's the way it goes at a rivalry game!!!!!!!

The only complaint I personally had about the game wasn't the fan treatment but rushing the court. It would have been one thing if the game was decided (aka Florida State-UNC earlier in the season), but one of the UK players was on the ground (Darius Miller) and I'm surprised wasn't trampled by celebrating fans. The first thing running through my mind once the buzzer sounded was the UK players needed to get off the court in a hurry.

As for the fans, it comes with the territory, as long as it doesn't get out of hand. I live in West Virginia so believe me when I say IU fans don't even come close to what I have seen and heard. Any UK fan who suggests otherwise hasn't spent much time outside the state. To me it's no different than being a Bengals fan and going to a Steelers game in Pittsburgh. You know the risk when you set foot in the stadium.

I'd rather see the UNC series dissolved first, and that may still happen. If the IU series is dissolved, I would like to see Ohio State replace them on the schedule. I think the Buckeyes could replace Indiana as a border rivalry with their focus toward basketball.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

What I am saying is because UK did that, it pissed off the IU admininstration.
    Don't blame us. Blame Louisville. They had rights to Freedom the day of and the day before all their women's and men's game and essentially blocked us from being able to use the arena.

It's the same reason that the game would be played at Freedom now instead of Yum!

The only complaint I personally had about the game wasn't the fan treatment but rushing the court. It would have been one thing if the game was decided (aka Florida State-UNC earlier in the season), but one of the UK players was on the ground (Darius Miller) and I'm surprised wasn't trampled by celebrating fans. The first thing running through my mind once the buzzer sounded was the UK players needed to get off the court in a hurry.

As for the fans, it comes with the territory, as long as it doesn't get out of hand. I live in West Virginia so believe me when I say IU fans don't even come close to what I have seen and heard. Any UK fan who suggests otherwise hasn't spent much time outside the state. To me it's no different than being a Bengals fan and going to a Steelers game in Pittsburgh. You know the risk when you set foot in the stadium.

I'd rather see the UNC series dissolved first, and that may still happen. If the IU series is dissolved, I would like to see Ohio State replace them on the schedule. I think the Buckeyes could replace Indiana as a border rivalry with their focus toward basketball.
    Dang, I like your writing style!!!!!

As far as Ohio St. What does their schedule look like? I thought they had home and homes with Florida and Kansas. And they will probably draw a quality opponent in the ACC-B1G challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by LexRedsFan View Post
    Don't blame us. Blame Louisville. They had rights to Freedom the day of and the day before all their women's and men's game and essentially blocked us from being able to use the arena.

It's the same reason that the game would be played at Freedom now instead of Yum!
    It is not my job to pass out blame. I am just saying what the IU regime thought about it at the time. Had that game been played at Louisville, the neutral site theme would have continued and last years game would have been in Indy. And we wouldnt be having this discussion right now. But it is what it is and cant be changed now. Time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by LexRedsFan View Post

I don't think Little Brother had anything to do with it, IIRC. There was a concert or some event that conflicted with the UK-IU game and they moved it to Rupp. Could be wrong though.

Dang, I like your writing style!!!!!

As far as Ohio St. What does their schedule look like? I thought they had home and homes with Florida and Kansas. And they will probably draw a quality opponent in the ACC-B1G challenge.
    From what I've checked, they have a home game against Kansas but I think last year was the last time they played Florida. They are playing in the Moehegan Sun tournament that UK played in last season.

WV, I looked at their schedule from last year. They played 3 quality OOC opponents. FLA at home, Duke at home, and at Kansas. So if the FLA series is done that leaves Kansas at home and on the road for the ACC/B1G challenge. They very well might be looking for some other quality opponent, but if they play UK where is the game gonna be? I doubt Thad will go for a neutral site??????????

WV, I looked at their schedule from last year. They played 3 quality OOC opponents. FLA at home, Duke at home, and at Kansas. So if the FLA series is done that leaves Kansas at home and on the road for the ACC/B1G challenge. They very well might be looking for some other quality opponent, but if they play UK where is the game gonna be? I doubt Thad will go for a neutral site??????????
    Just going by what I read.

I'd go with Cincinnati. Like Louisville, it shares a border with the neighboring state and would be central for both fanbases.

I don't know if Ohio State would go for a neutral site format or not. Quicken Loans Arena would be the biggest arena in the state but not a central location. I would go for a Home and Home though, although if they didn't do it with Indiana, would tOSU go for it?

Just going by what I read.

I'd go with Cincinnati. Like Louisville, it shares a border with the neighboring state and would be central for both fanbases.

I don't know if Ohio State would go for a neutral site format or not. Quicken Loans Arena would be the biggest arena in the state but not a central location. I would go for a Home and Home though, although if they didn't do it with Indiana, would tOSU go for it?
    Cincinnati doesn't have a suitable venue. The downtown arena isn't fit for a big-time game. It's kinda gross, actually.

Cleveland and Lousiville would be the only choices for neutral sites.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Turn Off Ads?