Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

YES!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Okay, say Liggins returns. What is your lineup?

PG Teague / Lamb
    SG Liggins / Lamb
    SF Gilchrist / Miller
    PF Jones / Miller / Wiltjer
    C Davis / Wiltjer / Vargas

1.Teague
    2 Lamb
    3 Gilchrist/Liggins/Miller (one of those 3 IMO ... Miller/Liggins more likely early, Gilchrist perhaps more likely late)
    4 Jones
    5 Davis

Starting the year:

PG-Teague
    SG-Liggins
    SF-Miller
    PF-Jones
    C-Davis

Lamb, Gilchrist, and Wiltjer first off the bench.

Toward the end of the year, I think Gilchrist will take over for either Miller if Disappearius returns or Liggins if he struggles offensively. These two have to start early to give us a defensive advantage. Gilchrist will come along, but freshmen don't come in knowing how to play defense right away. Once he buys in, he will start to challenge for a starting spot.

I'm also hearing Trevor Lacey will pick the Cats on May 18th, adding to an already loaded recruiting class. The rich get richer.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Well, I think Miller will start initially. Gilchrist is too good and if plays D like he is being hyped to, I don't see how he won't be starting later on.

I'd guess an 8 man rotation something like this......

PG Teague 32 Lamb 8
    SG Liggins 30 Lamb 10
    SF Miller 12 Gilchrist 28
    PF Jones 32 Miller 8
    C Davis 32 Wiltjer 8

Looking more and more like Liggins will not be back next year. Wonder how this will effect the Lacey recruitment? With or without Liggins next years team will be absolutely stacked. Already tying to figure out a way to get my hands on UNC-UK tickets. It will be an absolutely epic game.

I've heard people talking about Lacey but I haven't seen any HL or heard much about him. What kind of player is he?

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    I've heard people talking about Lacey but I haven't seen any HL or heard much about him. What kind of player is he?
    IMO he's more like Doron Lamb. He is an excellent shooter but not much of a ballhandler unless he has to be.

I'd like to find a way to add both Lacey and DeAndre Daniels. Daniels is a lanky prospect who would be more likely to replace Liggins and both would add some 3 pt shooting.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I was hoping UK wouldn't lose Liggins, but you can't blame him for wanting to support his family.

His leadership and defense early on is going to be missed. I said earlier that Liggins would have likely started this season until Gilchrist supplanted him, but its looking like UK will be starting three freshmen again.

On another note, Jeff Goodman probably just made the dumbest quote of the year. Said that Calipari was a "salesman" in getting Terrence Jones to return for an extra season.

It's funny how Harrison Barnes and Jared Sullinger both return to college because of their "love for college". Jones comes back, and Calipari is a "salesman". Nice little double standard.

How many people on here think that Roy Williams or Coach K would rip up a kids scholarship to tell him he is ready for the draft? Doesn't sound like a salesman to me.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I'd like to find a way to add both Lacey and DeAndre Daniels. Daniels is a lanky prospect who would be more likely to replace Liggins and both would add some 3 pt shooting.
    Whatever happend with Daniels? Keep hearing that he is always about to sign with UK, then Kansas, and then Duke and nothing ever happens. Seems to be the oddest situation with him changing classes and then allthis drama now playing out.

I haven't seen Daniels or Lacey play, but I know people who have seen Lacey play and they all came away impressed.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    On another note, Jeff Goodman probably just made the dumbest quote of the year. Said that Calipari was a "salesman" in getting Terrence Jones to return for an extra season.

It's funny how Harrison Barnes and Jared Sullinger both return to college because of their "love for college". Jones comes back, and Calipari is a "salesman". Nice little double standard.

How many people on here think that Roy Williams or Coach K would rip up a kids scholarship to tell him he is ready for the draft? Doesn't sound like a salesman to me.
    And then Goodman lauds Jones' decision to return.

On the surface, with a terrific recruiting class coming to Lexington, many would question why Jones stuck around. But the talented forward isn’t close to ready for the NBA – he’s inconsistent and immature. NBA types told me he would have gone somewhere from 10-15 this year. He’ll probably move up slightly next year, but he can help win a national title and be better prepared for the next level.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebask...eadline-050911

I enjoy his columns, but, yes, that was an incredibly stupid "salesman" comment.
    Double standard, indeed.
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 05-09-2011 at 08:21 PM.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Goodman was trollin' UK fans. He's admitted he says this Crap just to get a rise out of UK fans.

Seems 4/5 of the lineup is pretty much set at Teague/Lamb/Jones/Davis. Personally I would start Gillie over Darius.

Quote Originally Posted by LexRedsFan View Post
    Goodman was trollin' UK fans. He's admitted he says this Crap just to get a rise out of UK fans.

Seems 4/5 of the lineup is pretty much set at Teague/Lamb/Jones/Davis. Personally I would start Gillie over Darius.
    Not out of the gates. Miller has his flaws but he will be more polished to start the season, especially on defense. If Miller reverts back to being Disappearius I believe Gilchrist will supplant him.

With Gilchrist's motor and desire to start, I wouldn't be shocked if Cal uses him as a sparkplug off the bench, just like Liggins the past couple of seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Don't believe for a second UK ever offered or called about this guy. Cal doesn't need reclamation projects at UK. Just look at our current 2011 recruits... who's the lowest ranked, Wiltjer, at 20-something?

It was a smart move I guess by his AAU coach/Pitino/Jurich because it makes UL look less slimy for taking him if UK and others were 'reportedly' so interested...

Pitino is looking more and more like a desperate man.
    So, Calipari doesn't take reclamation projects? Since recruiting Tony Woods made UofL look slimy does it make UK look slimy as well?

Turn Off Ads?