Page 11 of 66 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post

Pretty darn good!
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

Kentucky Basketball holds the highest overall winning percentage of any men's team, in any major sport (football, basketball, baseball, hockey), in both the college and pro ranks (.760).

This is higher than Michigan, Oklahoma, USC, Ohio State, Alabama, Nebraska, Penn State, or Texas in college football.

This is higher than the Yankees, Redsox, Cardinals, Reds, A's, or Dodgers in the MLB.

This is higher than the Packers, Steelers, Bears, 49ers, Giants, or Raiders in the NFL.

This is higher than the Canadians, Islanders, Rangers, Bruins, Redwings, Flyers, Oilers, or Blackhawks in the NHL.

This is higher than the Celtics, Lakers, Bulls, Knicks, 76ers, or Pistons in the NBA.

This is higher than UCLA, North Carolina, Kansas, Duke, or Indiana in college basketball.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=95940

Would be nicer if this was in public instead of a rotary club.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

part of BBN

Matt Jones !

I'll top that!

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...gnment-analogy

I had to do a double take on reading that to make sure he said what I thought he said. I'm starting to feel sorry for Pitino because there has to be something mental going on.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I'll top that!

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...gnment-analogy

I had to do a double take on reading that to make sure he said what I thought he said. I'm starting to feel sorry for Pitino because there has to be something mental going on.
    Pitino just needs to shut up. Everytime he opens his mouth he inserts his foot. Pretty funny though.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

There are certain behaviors in which Pitino has engaged which can cause diseases which lead to mental illness... Just sayin'...

I am so ready for this year. Coachcal.com has had some awesome practice reports

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Pitino just needs to shut up. Everytime he opens his mouth he inserts his foot. Pretty funny though.
    Yeah, even ESPN and places like that pick up on it now and not just UK fans.

Watch blue/white scrimmage here

http://www.seeon.tv/view/2418/Funchester

Terrence bleeping Jones

part of BBN

Jones and Davis are going to make a pretty good duo !

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    Jones and Davis are going to make a pretty good duo !
    I was lucky enough to have some great seats for last night's scrimmage, I feel that duo could conceivably go 1-2 in the next NBA Draft.

Of course, depending on where teams place in the lottery, Barnes and Sullinger are in the mix. I simply can't seeing many GMs passing on Jones and Davis.

From Larry Vaught, an excellent guy and good reporter, a quote from Auburn Coach, Tony Barbee:

“He sat in my living room when I was a 17-year-old high school senior and I think he was a 29-year-old first time head coach. Out of everybody that came to my house and did a home visit, he was the most genuine,” said Barbee. “Having worked for him as an assistant coach and sat in the living rooms of kids he was recruiting, his recruiting spill didn’t change when he was 29 or 45.

“He is genuine in his approach to recruiting and not a lot of coaches are that way. He tells young men and their moms and their dads what they need to hear, not what they want to hear. He is honest to a fault and I think that resonates with kids when so many people are selling dreams and he is telling exactly how hard it is going to be.

“That’s why I gravitated towards him when I was a 17-year-old kid trying to make my decision because I believed in him and what he told me and for me it worked out. But everybody he has coached and teams I have been around, he has done the same exact thing.”
    I make no secret of the fact that I like Cal a whole bunch, as I believe he's honest to a fault. This is the type of quote to confirm that for everyone to read.

Too, it'll be interesting to see how things roll on now as Pat Forde moves to Yahoo Sports. Yahoo is known for its exceptional investigative reporting and Forde has a history with Calipari that's not exactly glowing. (Forde openly questioned Cal as the choice of head coach at UK and, the scuttlebutt insists, was looking into Calipari dealings so much that ESPN basically told him to back off. When he didn't, he was taken away from the beat.)

If nothing is found negatively at Kentucky over the next two or three years, there simply won't be anything to find. (Or at least not much. IMO, they all cheat.) Forde will definitely be looking.

Willie Cauley is a Cat.

Didn't see that one coming. He is kinda raw, but could develop into a beast inside.

I would love to see us use the rest of the scholarships on wings and build up an interchangeable lineup with a lot of depth at those positions. We already have Goodwin in the fold, but imagine adding Gary Harris and Alex Poythress, as well as Shabazz Muhammad. A lot of possibilties with each player having a different skillset at different positions.

Turn Off Ads?