Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 66 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

Kentucky started out slow tonight, but won 97-53 over Transylvania.

Anthony Davis had 8 blocks before coming out with cramps.

What little stats I've seen:

Terrence Jones: 22 pts 12 rebounds
    MKG: 19 pts
    Lamb: 19 pts
    Teague: 12 pts 9 assists 2 steals
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

That slow start was because they wouldn't take a shot inside the 3pt line. I expected anthony davis and terrance jones to be pretty dominant like they were, but i was most impressed by mkd, kid can ball.
    Just a dude who loves the reds, and some new sneakers.

Quote Originally Posted by HatchMo View Post
    That slow start was because they wouldn't take a shot inside the 3pt line. I expected anthony davis and terrance jones to be pretty dominant like they were, but i was most impressed by mkd, kid can ball.
    This might be an exaggeration, but I seriously believe if he develops a jump shot and ultimately a perimeter shot, he would be mentioned in the same breath as LeBron.

Remember, LeBron's biggest weakness out of high school was shooting. He could slash with the best of them, but his shooting made him unstoppable.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Kidd-Gilchrist is absolutely sick. He is going to be a hell of an NBA player someday.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Kidd-Gilchrist is absolutely sick. He is going to be a hell of an NBA player someday.
    Does he remind anyone else of Heshimu Evans offensively?

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    IMO, MKG would be a hell of an NBA player now.

He's flat nasty.

We're lucky to have him.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Does he remind anyone else of Heshimu Evans offensively?
    Scrap..... is that a joke?

If Heshimu sleeps for 100 years he won't be as good as MKG.

And I'm one who actually appreciates MKG.

No joke.

Evans was a very good player for UK. Kidd-Gilchrist is taller, but they have the same strengths (driving to the hole relentlessly, finishing on the break) and the same weaknesses (shooting from 20 feet).

Defensively, Evans is the lesser player, obviously. Kidd-Gilchrist is also the better rebounder.

But offensively, I could see Kidd-Gilchrist as a 10-12 pt./gm. player in about the same number of minutes taking just about the same type of shots.

Yeah I guess I can see it at this point. I guess I was more thinking of Kidd-Gilchrist's ceiling vs. Heshimu's.

So I hear there was a game tonight?

Kentucky has far and away the most talent of any team in college basketball. And that's really saying something considering how good UNC, OSU, UConn and Syracuse could be this year. If Cal can't win a title with this group, the scrutiny he should be under should dwarf anything Roy Williams, Jim Boeheim, or any other coach in recent memory who "couldn't win the big one" faced.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Kentucky has far and away the most talent of any team in college basketball. And that's really saying something considering how good UNC, OSU, UConn and Syracuse could be this year. If Cal can't win a title with this group, the scrutiny he should be under should dwarf anything Roy Williams, Jim Boeheim, or any other coach in recent memory who "couldn't win the big one" faced.
    I don't buy this at all. UNC and UK are really, really close in terms of talent. In fact, when comparing the two teams head to head:

PG Strickland > Teague
    Comment: Teague's a freshman. He's not a reliable outside shooter. He's physical, which will put him in foul trouble virtually every game in the SEC. Plus, he's the only PG on the Kentucky team unless you count Justin Beiber look-a-like Jarod Polson. Strickland is a junior who's piloted his team to a major turnaround and an Elite Eight spot in the NCAA. While his biggest weakness is outside shooting, he's still a better shooter than Teague.

SG Hairston < Lamb
    Comment: I'm assuming Hairston takes over the shooting guard spot as a freshman. He's undoubtedly talented and able to hit the long range shot, but Lamb showed true Deadeye Dan marksmanship. He's vastly underrated by most UK fans and others around the country.

SF Barnes > Miller
    Comment: Even if you take Kidd-Gilchrist's motor over Miller's experience, neither touches Barnes, the pre-season POY for the nation, not just the ACC.

PF Henson < Jones
    Comment: This is closer than many UK fans realize, but Jones' pre-season dominance trumps Henson's defense.

C Zeller = Davis
    Comment: No one knows how Davis will handle college basketball. If he touches Zeller's production (15.7. 7.2/ 1.2), he'll be a success. While I think Davis may be able to do it, you have to realize that he's not the centerpiece of his team's offense. Jones is. And he's weak underneath.

Bench UNC > UK
    Comment: I think McAdoo is one of the three most talented freshman in the country. He's reliable out to 18, doesn't try to do too much, rebounds, and defends. Kentucky's Kidd-Gilchrist is pretty even with him, but shorter. Kentucky also has Wiltjer, an intriguing European-style big, but Carolina can counter with Leslie McDonald, Kendall Marshall, and Reggie Bullock, all three of which are really, really good.

Coaching UNC = UK
    Comment: It's the choice between Michelangelo and Picasso. You can't go wrong with either one of them.

The one thing that intrigues me about Coach Cal is how he adapts to his team each year. Two years ago he played a post heavy offense, last year was a pick and roll/handoff team, and this year...well I dunno. They can run and they can shoot. A lot of coaches will recruit for their system, Coach Cal seems to play whatever style fits the guys he has.

With Miller, Lamb and co. they're gonna shoot lights out from 3. I think Jones might be the best player in the nation, and I'm not real sure about the fresh. Gilchrist is a stud though. I'm not sure how they'll be able to defend a bruiser down low if Terrence Jones gets in foul trouble, but I guess we'll see.

I know he gets a lot of hate, but you can't deny that Calipari has his guys playing their best ball in March.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I know he gets a lot of hate, but you can't deny that Calipari has his guys playing their best ball in March.
    Jay Bilas said he was among the best three or four coaches in America (with K, Williams, and Izzo mentioned by name).

Bilas went on the say that Calipari's ability to work with his talent is not only unique among college coaches, but any coach in America. "What he's done," he said, "is truly remarkable."

Calipari doesn't get enough credit for his coaching ability, even among Kentucky fans, who think he does no wrong.

Anthony Davis remind anyone else of Sam Bowie?

Turn Off Ads?