Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

The only problem I see with the UK UNC matchups is that Gilchrist has basically been assured a starting spot. Also see UNC's lineup being different than the one you laid out

My take:

PG-Marshall > Teague *

I'm projecting the December matchup, but come March this one could be equal or flip in UK's favor. The only reason I give Kendall Marshall the edge right now is a year more experience. Cal gets the most out of his PG's come March and Teague IMO profiles more as a Rajon Rondo than any PG UK has had (and Rondo isn't a Cal product). His job will be defense and distributing the ball, and I think Teague will be perfect in that role.

SG-Lamb > Strickland

I think Lamb beats out Miller for the other starting spot, but Lamb gets this nod based on shooting ability alone.

SF-Barnes > Kidd-Gilchrist*

This one also could be equal come March. Barnes is better right now, but MKG could be on par with him when all is said and done.

PF-Jones > Henson

Henson's size and length makes this a tough call, but Terrence Jones' all around game gives him the edge.

C-Davis = Zeller

Pretty much the same thing you said.

Bench: UNC. UK will only run about eight deep with Vargas, Lamb/Miller, and Wiltjer getting most of the minutes. UNC has a deeper lineup that can provide a lot of different looks, especially with Reggie Bullock and PJ Hairston both as capable shooters if needed. McAdoo is probably a serious sixth man of the year candidate. Leslie McDonald is out for the season too.

Coaching: Equal.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Poythress to UK

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Welcome to Kentucky, Mr. Poythress.

part of BBN

Got this update on the recruiting rank as part of this addition.:
    The addition of Poythress will move the Cats up to No. 2 in Scout.com’s class rankings behind Arizona. Add a couple more big names (and they’re out there) and Kentucky will claim the top spot for the fourth year in a row.

So I saw we passed Indiana in the 2012 class rankings... That seems impossible, I thought they guaranteed they were beating us in recruiting this year?

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    So I saw we passed Indiana in the 2012 class rankings... That seems impossible, I thought they guaranteed they were beating us in recruiting this year?
    Well I don't know who guaranteed it but rivals still lists IU as #2. Espn lists IU as 8. Whatever the players are the same and they're good that's all I really care about.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Well I don't know who guaranteed it but rivals still lists IU as #2. Espn lists IU as 8. Whatever the players are the same and they're good that's all I really care about.

Surprised this hasn't been brought up yet, but Terrence Jones and Stacey Poole were in a car accident at 2 AM this morning. A friend of TJ's from Portland was driving and a drunk driver hit their car, with the UK players only sustaining minor injuries.

WLEX also says according to sources that Jones was "slightly" under the influence:

http://www.lex18.com/news/questions-...ng-uk-players/

With the beatdown of Morehouse earlier this week and the commitment of Poythress, this really isn't news that I wanted to hear before we tip off the season tonight.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

First half was pretty close, second half not so much. UK wins 108-58.

I'm more excited about this team than Cal's first team at Kentucky, and that is saying a lot. Davis and MKG are game changers, added in with what Kentucky has coming back.

I have to admit, I think we've got a great shot to make it back to the Final Four. Kidd-Gilchrist and Anthony Davis are simply talents that one doesn't see every day. This team's ceiling is sky high.

part of BBN

I agree with WV, I think this team will be better than Cal's first team by the end of the season. Doesnt mean they will have a better record but I really like the look of this team.
    Also when Davis has his arms extended, he looks like he is 9' tall. (not sure what his wingspan is technically)

I have to admit, I think we've got a great shot to make it back to the Final Four. Kidd-Gilchrist and Anthony Davis are simply talents that one doesn't see every day. This team's ceiling is sky high.
    That's odd. You're usually so dour and pessimistic when it comes to UK Basketball.

As someone who only sees it from the outside, they look like a team that can be really really good.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

part of BBN

True and maybe after the NBA thing settles, we will see them next year too.

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Needed to happen IMO. I really don't think Poole was cut out to be at Kentucky. He was a raw project but with Liggins/Miller his freshman year, Miller/MKG this year, and Poythress/Goodwin/Muhammad? the following I don't think he would have seen the floor. I could see a school offering him a scholarship to try to get his brother, Solomon Poole.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    As someone who only sees it from the outside, they look like a team that can be really really good.
    I really don't see any glaring weaknesses with this team, outside of youth.

The 2010 team lacked a consistent three point shooter and veteran leadership (Jodie Meeks). Watch the WVU game again if you need proof of this.

The 2011 team basically ran seven deep and while young, played much more mature than the 2010 team. The depth did them in against UConn.

This year, they run eight deep but present so many different matchup problems:

If you zone or double team Jones or Davis, Lamb and Miller can shoot the lights out.

Davis's passing ability underneath will allow for violent backdoor cuts, especially in the form of Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.

Teague can change speeds at ease and blow by his defender.

UK will likely only run eight deep but with Wiltjer who is basically playing as a Euro big to spot Jones and Davis and Lamb/Miller/MKG sharing minutes they should be well rested and present different matchup problems.

I'll also say that Doron Lamb is extremely underrated as a combo guard, but using him at the point takes away his biggest strength in shooting.

If you're a UK fan (even if you're not), how do you defend this years team?

Turn Off Ads?