Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 66 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

For the record, UK stormed the field and tore down the goalposts after beating Tennessee in football earlier this year.

And that was worth it. Can't blame Indiana fans (or anybody else who's had to deal with mediocrity).
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    North Carolina and Kentucky wouldn't, I guarantee it.

IU should be above it as well. They have five freaking NCs... understandably most people rushing the floor last night weren't born yet when they won their last one.
    I've never been a snob about these things as we discussed earlier in the summer. In general, I'm for rushing the court for the biggest home win of the year. There's little doubt that beating the archrival, ranked number 1 coming into the game, on the last second shot will qualify as biggest win of the year. Even if tOSU gets to be #1 by the time IU plays them, it's still not as big of a win because there isnt' the historical rivalry with the Buckeyes that you have with Kentucky.

Whether UNC, or Kentucky would or wouldn't shouldn't really have any concern to IU students or tOSU students or Vanderbilt students. It's a fun experience for everyone involved, and if your school is too cool for that, ce la vie.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Worst fans Ive ever dealt with trying to leave. Had people come up to me and shove me while screaming F*** YOU AND F*** KENTUCKY.

I will never ever root for anything good to happen in that state ever again. Louisville fans were 100x better.

And they hang banners for PRESEASON NIT CHAMPIONSHIPS

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Worst fans Ive ever dealt with trying to leave. Had people come up to me and shove me while screaming F*** YOU AND F*** KENTUCKY.

I will never ever root for anything good to happen in that state ever again. Louisville fans were 100x better.

Waaaa. Oh you're not going to root for anything good to happen to Indiana ever again? I guess I better get my helmet.

We've all had bad experiences with fans in other places. You think no one's ever been given a hard time at UK?

I'm sorry that it happened but there are jerks in every crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

So you are condoning assault?

Got it, spoken like a true IU fan, just like Bobby Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Waaaa. Oh you're not going to root for anything good to happen to Indiana ever again? I guess I better get my helmet.

We've all had bad experiences with fans in other places. You think no one's ever been given a hard time at UK?

I'm sorry that it happened but there are jerks in every crowd.

No doubt. It comes with the territory going into a hostile environment.

Of course, I live in a state that the state's flagship school throws rocks at busses of their in-state rival and distributes t-shirts making fun of a horriffic plane crash that scarred that rival. You really don't have much to complain about.

EDIT NOTE: I just found this story from KSR.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=102294

As we enjoyed cheap domestic drafts, IU fan, after IU student, after IU alum berated us with “Kentucky f*ggots,” “Leave hillbillies,” “F*** Kentucky,” and “You are not welcome here.” Man and woman, boy and girl. If we were keeping statistics it would not be hyperbole to state we heard something along these lines once every 10 minutes, and we estimated that 1 in 7 Hoosiers we came across the entire day verbally assaulted us. It was the most uncomfortable I have ever been in an American town. Frankly, it didn’t even feel American. We couldn’t fathom the abuse we were taking nor where it was stemming from. It was that vitriolic.
    Last edited by WVRed; 12-12-2011 at 09:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

The guy whho wrote that is a friend of mine. I was there, and its 100% true

So you are condoning assault?

Got it, spoken like a true IU fan, just like Bobby Knight
    Yeah that's what I said. That's nearly well as ignorant as the people you encountered....well maybe not nearly but you get the point.

All I'm saying is you could probably get stories like that at most rivalry games in the US. Is it right? Of course not but there are idiots that root for every team. And I have to believe that that story is slightly exaggerated.

I used to live between Lexington and Louisville. My wife is Mexican, there were jerks wearing UK gear that made some less than PC comments. You know what that says to me about UK fans? Jack crap.

"I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I had been wanting to ask you about your experience at the game 5timewschamps. It sounds like your experience was pretty typical of how UK fans were treated... pathetic behavior by IU fans. Sounds like it was primarily the under 30 and students...

http://kentucky.rivals.com/showmsg.a...id=888&style=2

Thread with other first-hand accounts.

I'm glad I wasn't at the game, if someone had shoved me or spit on me I'd be in an Indiana jail right now.

Last edited by WMR; 12-13-2011 at 02:44 AM.

Sorry to hear that happened to you. Often times fans let their emotions get the best of them.
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    A generation? Lol. Nice.

I agree with you on the rushing the court stuff. Players have been injured just not high enough profile players that would cause a knee jerk reaction.

Any school in America would have rushed the court in that situation. Being unranked and beating #1.

What game has been bigger over the past 20 years?

This win is a crowning achievement for Crean, who, I'm sure, was feeling the heat from three consecutive really crappy seasons.

It's a reminder to the IU fans that they should belong in the upper pantheon of the NCAA and to not accept mediocrity.

It's a sign to potential recruits that IU is the type of program they might want to consider.

The only win that comes close would be Mike Davis' Regional Finals game to put them in the Final Four. However, rightly or wrongly, IU was considered, at that time, as one of the top four programs in basketball history, with North Carolina, Kentucky, and UCLA.

Before the Kentucky win, IU might have been mentioned seventh, behind those four, Duke, and Kansas.

It's a generational win.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    What game has been bigger over the past 20 years?
    Beating Duke in the Sweet 16 in 2002.

Every win in the NCAA tourney > any win in December.

This win is nice, but it doesn't mean much if they end up 18-12 or so. And Hoosier fans, this could happen. I don't think it will, but it could.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Two friends of mine (U of L grads) will never go to Rupp because they got the same treatment there as you guys outlined above. Like Razor said, it happens everywhere. Sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I wasn't at the game, but was in Bloomington that night. I can say that these accounts seem to be outside the norm of what I saw. From the experiences shared elsewhere it seems that it was outside the norm.

Doesn't excuse the bad behavior obviously. But i'd hate to see it reflect on the fanbase as a whole. My guess is no matter where you go there are going to be jerks.

Alcohol surprisingly doesn't seem to make them act any better.

Turn Off Ads?