Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

Anthony Davis if he hadnt gone through his growth spurt...

[IMG]farm8.staticflickr.com/7152/6627995027_2d00f007b0.jpg[/IMG]

2. Turn Off Ads?
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Not at all crazy about this draw. Saw Baylor play WVU this year and they have the size to give Kentucky problems. UConn as a three seed is scary as well.

Sad reality is, as WMR said last year, how many times will the NCAA try to screw Kentucky over?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Just curious on this, as I was driving home ..the Big Blue call in show was on. I dont normally listen to this btw so thats why I'm asking.
    Anyway, an assistant coach was on instead of Cal. Does anyone know if Cal has done any of these shows this year ?
    I was talking to a friend about this the other day and said how, while Cal has the personality to handle the fanfare that comes with UK from a national perspective, he doesnt seem like the kind of guy who would really like listening to the "Why Doesnt Polson play more....I'll hang up and listen" type callers.

I've certainly never failed to criticize Kentucky Sports Radio or Matt Jones when I felt it was warranted. But big ups to him for interceding on behalf of the freshman who made a $10,000 shot at halftime and whom Kroger informed it might not pay.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-...153247431.html
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    I've certainly never failed to criticize Kentucky Sports Radio or Matt Jones when I felt it was warranted. But big ups to him for interceding on behalf of the freshman who made a $10,000 shot at halftime and whom Kroger informed it might not pay.

I work at Kroger and to be honest I am actually embarrassed that this happened. This is a Fortune 500 company that $10,000 isn't a lot of money to and will go a long way to a college freshman.

The replay may have been questionable, but don't create negative publicity by refusing to pay. It makes Kroger look cheap and petty, and working there, I've got plenty of stories that I'll save for another day.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post

Should have just given him a giant check and when he couldn't cash it tell him he needs to find a bigger bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With Tennessee coming up, here goes:

It will be a tough game in Knoxville. It always is for UK. If they come out not ready to hustle and play hard, like last night, it will be an L.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

In Kentucky's only two real away games, they've really struggled.

Were they playing a good team last night, they'd have lost.

It may be a similar year to last, with UK losing five or six games they shouldn't in the league.
    "You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
    -- Christy Matthewson
    "Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
    -- Leo Durocher

This team is further along right now than last year's team was at this time. Last year's team probably loses last night, this team toughed it out and ended up winning by 15 in the end after really struggling throughout.

It's so hilarious seeing the crowds that show up in the SEC for Kentucky versus any other school in the conference. This is certainly nothing new, though. It has been like that for us in the SEC for 60 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Think they might be starting to get a little tired of the Tubster up in the frozen tundra...

http://www.sctimes.com/article/20120...ext|Outdoors|s
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

UK is leading the SEC in FT%?!?!?!

That can't be right.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Think they might be starting to get a little tired of the Tubster up in the frozen tundra...

http://www.sctimes.com/article/20120...ext|Outdoors|s
    Ouch! Tubby's days are numbered in Minnesota. I can't see him lasting past this season.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I'm sure Dick Vitale is going to be taking to ESPN to call out the Gopher fan base any day now...

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    This team is further along right now than last year's team was at this time. Last year's team probably loses last night, this team toughed it out and ended up winning by 15 in the end after really struggling throughout.
    It's so hilarious seeing the crowds that show up in the SEC for Kentucky versus any other school in the conference. This is certainly nothing new, though. It has been like that for us in the SEC for 60 years.
    I thought the same thing !

Turn Off Ads?