Turn Off Ads?
Page 24 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    It should. Jones seems to be someone who wilts under pressure. He'll need to be treated with kid gloves as an NBA player, and coaches don't normally do that. (Witness Paul Westphal and Demarcus Cousins as an example.)
    I don't know. The NBA is a league that drafts primarily on talent, and Jones is a hybrid mismatch for teams. Can play both forward positions at the next level, has decent range, and a lefty to boot. Reminds me a lot of Lamar Odom.

I have a feeling that the 2013 class could be even scarier than this one, and Derek Willis is the first piece. From everything I've seen, the floor for Willis is Scott Padgett, leading me to think he will fill Wiltjer's role if he goes pro his sophomore year.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I don't see Wiltjer leaving until at least after his Junior season. He couldn't come close to making it in the NBA right now with his defense and lack of physicality. (That being said, he will be a great player for UK before he leaves.)

What is going on at Louisville?

They are seriously imploding quicker than any team I have ever witnessed. Any UL fans please chime in. From my friends who are UL fans, they are getting more and more sick of Pitino by the minute....

Coach Rick Pitino, on George Mason transfer G Luke Hancock:

"He's our best basketball player. He's mentally [and] physically the best player on the team. He's a true basketball player. I really haven't coached anyone like him in my life. He's got a gigantic chip on his shoulder, and I mean that in a positive way."

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I don't see Wiltjer leaving until at least after his Junior season. He couldn't come close to making it in the NBA right now with his defense and lack of physicality. (That being said, he will be a great player for UK before he leaves.)
    Agree totally on Wiltjer. The only thing that will I think even put a "leaving" notion in his head is if he has a couple of good tourney games, hits some 3's etc and gets alot of media love.
    It would be nice to see him and Hood come back strong next year and be major impact players. (course Wiltjer can still impact this year too )

Terrence Jones may be back

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Man I saw some of that game today, LSU played really dirty.

I didn't think so.

They played tough, that's all.

I didn't think so.

In what I watched, I saw Anthony Davis get tackled from behind and smacked in his face. I get playing hard, but those were cheap shots.

A flagrant 2 is the very definition of a dirty play.

They took about 4 cheap shots at AD today. Glad he emerged without any serious injury. That pull down from behind is how careers get ended.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    A flagrant 2 is the very definition of a dirty play.

They took about 4 cheap shots at AD today. Glad he emerged without any serious injury. That pull down from behind is how careers get ended.
    If a Flagrant 2 hadn't been called, I almost wonder if Cal would have went Woody Hayes. I don't think I have ever seen Cal that upset (and deservedly so).

On a side note, do you think if LSU's football team would have tackled the way the basketball team did, that they would have won the national championship?
    Last edited by WVRed; 01-29-2012 at 12:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I didn't think so.

A horse tackle is a dirty play. He should be suspended for a game or two also.
    If UK plays like they did Saturday the rest of the season I don't see anyone not in the NBA beating them. When Davis,Jones and Gilchrist are all clicking there's not a better frontline. Saying that Gilchrist had an off game offensively but he was terrific defensively.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Kentucky has far and away the most talent of any team in college basketball. And that's really saying something considering how good UNC, OSU, UConn and Syracuse could be this year. If Cal can't win a title with this group, the scrutiny he should be under should dwarf anything Roy Williams, Jim Boeheim, or any other coach in recent memory who "couldn't win the big one" faced.
    I posted this on November 8th and I still stand by it.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    A horse tackle is a dirty play. He should be suspended for a game or two also.
    I agree. If you're going to commit a flagrant foul in order to prevent a basket, wrap the guy up and hold him still. Putting both hands on his shoulders and pulling/pushing him down to the floor while he's in the air is dangerous stuff.

He's running full-tilt boogie and trying to stop the guy from dunking.

Was it a hard foul? Sure. Was it technically a Flagrant-2? Sure, I guess.

Was it meant to harm the other player? Not hardly.

If he'd have meant harm, he'd have harmed him.

That's the kind of stuff Kentucky is going to get until they totally destroy two or three teams in a row. Or until officials start calling everything.

Which is boring.

It's going to be a wrestling match pretty much every time out. That's the only way most of these teams stay with UK.

Maybe Florida plays fast. Maybe Vandy.

But, for the most part, it's going to be the same thing as LSU night in, night out.

Turn Off Ads?