Turn Off Ads?
Page 46 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

[QUOTE=WVRed;2548930]
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post

Memphis that is in one of the worst conferences in America
    Man, there's a whole world of college basketball that you're missing out on, because Memphis is actually in one of the better conferences in America.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I believe UK is hitting its peak at the absolute best time of the year. I could be wrong but I think they will take care of Louisville without a big problem. It may be close for a while because of the rivalry aspect of the game. But that's the only reason. UK has the advantage at every positon and its not that close at most of them. The game earlier this season looked closer than what it was. UL hit about 3 three pointers in the last 30 seconds or that would have been about a 15 point win. I think 15 is about right for this game too.
    I'm sure most of the state will be in New Orleans by the end of the week. Lots of fights on Bourbon Street too between the UK/UL fans.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

[QUOTE=Boston Red;2549301]
    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post

Man, there's a whole world of college basketball that you're missing out on, because Memphis is actually in one of the better conferences in America.
    I probably should have used past tense, but I was referring to Conference USA, not the Big East, although in about three years the conference will be a mirror image of itself thanks to its poor leadership. Cal was basically the king of his own little pond in Memphis when he was there.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

On a side note, of all the stupid traditions to steal, this one is the worst:

I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

You've got to be a pretty sheltered college basketball fan to think that C-USA is one of the worst leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post

I probably should have used past tense, but I was referring to Conference USA, not the Big East, although in about three years the conference will be a mirror image of itself thanks to its poor leadership. Cal was basically the king of his own little pond in Memphis when he was there.
    You mean once Louisville, Cincinnati and Marquette left the conference?
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Who can spot the flamboyant Baylor fan? This dude had me rolling.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    You've got to be a pretty sheltered college basketball fan to think that C-USA is one of the worst leagues.

Hmmmmmmmmm.........Big Ten is better, SEC is better, ACC is better, Big East is better, Big 12 is better, Pac 12 is better.........Hmmmmmmmmm.....A-10 is better, Missouri Valley is better, West Coast is better, Mountain West is better, the Wac is better.....

Hitler (Bobby Knight) talks about UK v IU for a second time... One of the better Hitler vids I've watched... Very funny...

Indiana-Kentucky Hitler Rant - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Hmmmmmmmmm.........Big Ten is better, SEC is better, ACC is better, Big East is better, Big 12 is better, Pac 12 is better.........Hmmmmmmmmm.....A-10 is better, Missouri Valley is better, West Coast is better, Mountain West is better, the Wac is better.....
    Thing is, there are 32 D1 conferences. I'd say C-USA is in the top 1/3 of those conferences. Probably 10th or 11th.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Not at all, I follow C-USA somewhat because Marshall plays there. Not to mention the conference is becoming a feeder-school for the Big East.

I think Assembly Hall summed it up, but the best school in C-USA was an eight seed that got upset in the first round. Southern Miss made it as a 9 seed and got knocked out as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I'd take issue that the Pac-12 was better. At least this past year. And I can't ever keep straight who's who in the WAC vs Mountain West but I'll allow that they were better.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    I'd take issue that the Pac-12 was better. At least this past year. And I can't ever keep straight who's who in the WAC vs Mountain West but I'll allow that they were better.
    Sagarin had C-USA 10th this season.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/bkc1112.htm

Had the PAC 12 6th, oddly.

http://www.ukathletics.com/blog/2012...down-nets.html

Video of UK players cutting down nets and talking in locker room.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    If Louisville somehow finds a way to beat Kentucky...

Calipari would lose luster across the nation. Those questions about Calipari's coaching acumen would become shouts. Some (idiotic) Kentucky fans would start calling for "new blood" at UK... \the whole meme about one-and-done recruits being not only bad for CBB (debateable) but likely to choke in a tournament would gain new traction...

Expect national coverage likening people in the state of Kentucky to redneck basketball savants. Expect to hear even more about Pitino "helping" Calipari gain the UMass job. Expect to hear all about Calipari's chippiness since then. Expect to hear about Calipari not being able to win the big one...
    Ahem... By Gene Wojciechowski from ESPN:
    Calipari almost has to return to Lexington with a national championship. If he doesn't, fairly or unfairly, the whispers will become shouts: His one-and-dones can't get it done … he needs to recruit players who aren't infatuated with the NBA … he can't win the big one.
    Kentucky fans are as patient as 3-year-olds. They know what they want, when they want it and they're not interested in excuses. I saw a UK fan wearing a T-shirt that said it all: We Want Eight.
    This will be Kentucky's second consecutive Final Four appearance under Calipari. You only get so many chances and at some point the one-and-done player model used by Calipari is going to suffer an ankle sprain.
    Calipari and Pitino can't stand each other. They once were on friendly terms, but the relationship has deteriorated beyond recognition.
    Pitino likes to remind people that he helped get Calipari hired at Rick's alma mater, UMass, in 1988. Calipari likes to remind people that the story isn't entirely true.
    Not to break my own arm patting myself on the back, but, yeah. Told ya.
    Last edited by Scrap Irony; 03-26-2012 at 07:34 PM.

Turn Off Ads?